Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RogersGalaxy

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RogersGalaxy

Ugh.. nice runaround.

Why didn't the store call Rogers while you were there instead of starting you on a goose chase? Probably because neither they or Rogers have any intention of refunding you squat now that they have got your initial payment up front. Great eh?

I've had this with my last upgrade and why I can wait til I the phone I want is listed for $50 or less on Rogers site.

Moral of the story, don't sign the contract unless you can accept paying the price you paid up front (or are willing to jump through hoops and pissed off at someone to get what you want afterwards).

Good luck!
I'm Here A Lot

I wasn't at the store initially, I had phoned them asking about the price drop and they said to phone Rogers. Anyways, went to the store and they just did a "return" and I got the same phone again for the cheaper price.. don't know why Rogers couldn't have just given me a credit online lol.

I Plan to Stick Around

Is this phone supposed to be LTE or whatever its called? where you can turn 4g off.. searching for a network really drains the battery when I'm in class. Is this phone even 4g? I asked rogers and they told me yes, but why wouldn't we have the LTE option?

Seems like I could either have 3g/4g on or just switch back down to 2g...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

The Galaxy Nexus we have in Canada in NOT LTE. The only Version of the GNexus is the Verizon Nexus which is LTE.

The Galaxy Nexus that we have is 3G / 4G ( HSPA+) You will see either 4G OR H+ on the top. If you go into settings > Wireless & Networks >Mobile Networks. What do you see there? It should have a option to say Network Mode.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

4G is not a thing. It's only used for marketing.

It's either HSPA+ or LTE.

Except for Verizon in the US, everyone else is using the HSPA+ version.

You can only use 2G (Edge) if you're on Rogers (because Rogers is the only carrier in Canada with a GSM 2G/Edge network) but you will get much lower speeds.

I Plan to Stick Around

I dont have 'network mode' listed.

I have Data Enabled, Data roaming, Access Point Names, use only 2g networks, and Network operators.

For some reason, when I'm in class, I have to click 2g in order to get better reception.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@Pajak0688.

Hmm well then use 2G. I guess the Galaxy Nexus you need to use 2G ( Edge) in order to get reception if you are not in a 3G or H+ area.
I Plan to Stick Around

Why on earth would the company that brags about how they are always FIRST with new technologies (oftentimes a very hollow claim) not bring the LTE version of the Nexus.  The longer I'm a customer the more frustrated I get with this Mickey Mouse organization.

The Nexus has all the toys I want - car dock, desk dock, ICS etc. but Rogers, in their infinite wisdom, chooses to sell the speed challanged version.  I'll bet if they sold cars they'd carry Lambourgini's with Nissan engines.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

@JcKelly. Its because Verizon Is the ONLY carrier in the world that could have the Galaxy Nexus LTE. They got the okay & got the FCC to do it. Also you never know because Rogers or Bell could get the Galaxy Nexus LTE soon OR might get the new version that will come out later on.
I've Been Here Awhile

What is the point of LTE when it can drain your battery in few hours. I think this version of galaxy nexus is a better option than LTE.