I Plan to Stick Around

Could some one from rogers confirm when the galaxy Nexus will be released

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RogersGalaxy

Mathieu
I'm a Trusted Contributor
There is nothing to confirm because the date hasn't been announced yet.

View solution in original post

233 REPLIES 233

Mathieu
There is nothing to confirm because the date hasn't been announced yet.

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
The device has been released in October by Samsung galaxyand it should be released in Canada this month

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
What are you talking about. Saadgh... SAMSUNG UNVIELED the phone to the world.. they NEVER released it yet. No carrier in the world has this phone out yet. Samsung is not even selling it yet. So please get your facts straight. Yes the phone should be released eithee this month or the next. Rogers will announce it WHEN Samsung gives the okay for it. Rogers has deals with them that either they release the phone with all carriers AT ONCE or some carriers will get it first and then weeks after the rest will get it. There are rumors going around saying that 1 of the big 3 ( Rogers, Bell, Telus) will have a exclusive release for it. Now those are just rumors NOT a real thing YET.

johnnycash
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers is definitely getting the Nexus at launch.  Source several Rogers retention reps have confirmed their internal documents. 

I bet by the end of November we'll see it released. 

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
Well you guys know what happened with the s2 LTE; I was waiting for months to get the phone or every one was dieing just to get release date, we don't want to see the same scenario with the nexus.
The store I bought the phone from them they had the device one week before after the give it to the first ten people on the reservation system

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
On ctv there is an interview with a guy was explaining the features of the phone but he don't know when it will be released.
I need it before Christmas I just got the s2
I think when will see there is a big offer on the s2 this mean rogers will have it, otherwies bell only will have the phone

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
I guess bell only will habeas the phone because they did not release any Samsung phone since July 2010

And here at rogers we have to waited foe the galaxy note watch ostensibly already released in UK Ns Sweden November 3rd

halo240sx
I Plan to Stick Around

So far, only Bell and Virgin have confirmed the release of the Galaxy Nexus.  I wouldn't hold my breath too much...

Mathieu
The phone is coming to Canada early December.

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
Is coming to Canada to bell and version mobile no to rogers its on bells web now. Ohhhhhhh my god that is not good at all

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
Come on rogers seriously!!!!!

shakes
I've Been Here Awhile

define "definitely". ; ) 

http://www.intomobile.com/2011/11/14/bell-confirms-samsung-galaxy-nexus-early-december-release/ 

no rogers at launch, no november launch. time to get new sources.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
So far Virgin & Bell are releasing it December. SO this makes it that either Rogers will not Release it at the same time as them & Bell & Virgin ( which bell owns) Has the exclusive rights to release it before anyone else. If this is the case then i guess Rogers is not giving Samsung the money they want to release it before anyone else. Bell gives top dollars to do this so this makes Bell look good so far. Rogers needs to get its act together. I lost faith in Rogers already.

Mathieu
Like all Nexus phones before, the Galaxy Nexus will be available on all carriers in Canada.

Bell (& Virgin) are just the firsts to add the Galaxy Nexus page to their websites.

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
The good thing is it is not exclusive for bell otherwise they will mention it in their web, we still have a chance that rogers will get is hopefully!!!!

fireants
I'm Here A Lot

http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/hot-offers/offer-nexus.html

Virgin is claiming they are the first. I'm sure it will come to Rogers but after the S2 fiasco, who knows when that will be.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@ Saadgh please read the Websites before you make a false comment again. You keep making false statement & comments in which you have no where seen.

Virgin is owned BY BELL. So they are claiming that They will be the first one to bring it out. Bell owns them so tech Bell will release it the same time Virgin does. This is called a exclusive launch for them. Rogers will most likely release it after Bell  & Virgin does. Remember Bell pays top dollar for this stuff in which Rogers does not. This is also the problem. If Rogers really wanted to make this exclusive for Rogers they would have paid top dollar & fight it out with Bell for it.

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
They are saying they got it first that dose not mean it is exclusive for them!!!
Rogers released the first LTE in Canada then bell, if this device is exclusive for them they should say that and be proud of it

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
May be house are not familiar with what is you vet it first and it is exclusive

They said they will get it first

Its not exclusive for them

Like s2lte is exclusive from rogers no o.e will get it not this year not next year

If house go to rogers web they have mentioned the first LTE device in Canada and the phone is exclusive for rogers

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
Any way lets hope they will get it soon like the LTE!!!"
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats