Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RogersGalaxy

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RogersGalaxy

Not really. My HTC Raider on LTE is lasting me about 10 hours with heavy use & LTE use. I have yet to see any complains about the Galaxy Nexus LTE on Verizon about battery life.

LTE is new but sooner or later most phones being released will include 4G ( HSPA+) & LTE.
LTE needs to be put in more places before this happens tho because a lot of people buy LTE phones yet are not able to use LTE because its not installed in their area.
Also its been said Samsung will out high end batteries on their phones this yea in which will last a hole day or so with 1 charge. This might be for LTE phones as well.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

good thing about this google nexus version is it is pentaband. You can use it any where and with any service including wind. I am just wondering if a LTE phone (with lte sim) can work with non-lte sim and non lte service providers?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea it can work fine will be just getting 3G and HSPA+ instead of LTE
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@umertariq wrote:

good thing about this google nexus version is it is pentaband. You can use it any where and with any service including wind. I am just wondering if a LTE phone (with lte sim) can work with non-lte sim and non lte service providers?

WRONG WRONG WRONG

The Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus is a CDMA/LTE phone, not a GSM/HSPA+ phone.

It won't work on any carrier in Canada (or pretty much anywhere else in the world).

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedP...

"LTE, CDMA/PCS/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz)"

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I was talking about rogers google nexus not the verizon. Galaxy nexus from rogers would work on all other carries(wind etc) even in  other countries. I guess this phone would be good for people who want to switch to other carriers in future(wind,fido,).

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea that's true. You can use this phone on any carrier that is able to use GSM/HSPA+. I might buy the Galaxy Nexus in September again once i port my number over to Fido. I know its a long time & buy then the new iPhone will be announced & a few Samsung & Sony phones as well. I really do not care tho seeing as the price will go lower then anyways.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Is anyone else having this problem... my signal stays on 3G and only bumps upt to H when I access an internet feature. Then, drops back down to 3G.

Very frustrating! I had this phone on Bell and the signal was always H.

HELP!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyway to keep the speed at H? When I was on bell, it didn't deviate.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyway to keep the phone on H? When I was on bell, the speed didn't deviate.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The 'H' means that the connection is active.
The 'H' doesn't mean that it's faster than 3G.

If you really want to keep the 'H', you need to install a virus ... an app that constantly access the Internet and kills the battery life of your phone 😉

On some Android ROMs, the 'H' is used instead of the '3G' icon but this is not how it's supposed to be in the official Google ROM that ships with the Galaxy Nexus.