Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RogersGalaxy

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RogersGalaxy

hahaha 159$! forget it, ill wait a couple of more weeks and get it at 99$. telus is selling it straight up at that price.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well Rogers did price the iPhone 4S the same price & for the same price you get the Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE. This does not add up. Why you the 3 biggest phones Rogers offers have the same price tag? They need to start offering phones with different price tags. Also you can NOT price match with Rogers. They used to be able to do that but they stopped because everyone called & did it.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Well it's simple then, buy it from telus. Or **bleep**, just wait another couple of weeks. No way I'm giving in and paying an extra 60$ when clearly I don't have to.

I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone know if Telus will charge extra (like Bell does)  if I buy the phone outright from them?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

It's the 16gb as far as I know. I don't think any of the Galaxy Nexus' with Canadian carriers are 32gb yet.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yes, the Canadian version for all the carriers are 16GB I believe.  

BTW, I've heard a rumor that the 3 yr contract price of the Galaxy Nexus for Rogers will come out to $0 after rebate.  That sure sounds better than even the $99 for 3 yrs with Telus.  I too heard from a friend who works at Rogers that it will come out on Friday, the 13th.  I know for a fact they already have it in stock but just can't sell it until then.  I've seen the stock at one of the stores.  LOL

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The Rumor you heard is false. Here is proof Rogers is going to offer it for $159.http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/01/10/rogers-prices-the-samsung-galaxy-nexus-at-159-99-on-a-3-year/

There is NO rebate for new costumers. The only rebate you get is $50 if you are a existing costumer but that does not come off the price of the phone & even if it does the price of the phone will be $99 + 35 = $135. So in all you are still going to pay $140 for it. ( with taxes).

Every Rogers plus store has a few of them in stock but they are not going to release them BECAUSE the system will not let them. They will scan the IMEI number into the system & it won't let them because Rogers has not activated the system to accept it. This is Samsung doing. They have told the carriers to ONLY sell the phone the day it gets launched & not before that.  Who ever got it today is lucky but not for the agent that sold it to them. They are most likely going to get a huge fine or fired. This has happened before with the iPhone 4 last year. A rep at a Rogers plus near me sold a few iPhones before the release date ( a day before) & once head office found out he got fired the next day.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Lol rogers firing people for being incompetent. Now ive heard everything.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The funny part that one of the guys he sold it to works for the Apple store in Eaton's Center. ( i know the guy that bought the iPhone 4 from the Rogers store then.). He told head office not to fire the guy but just do something else. From what we heard he got fired & he is not allowed to work for Rogers again. ( that part could be a rumor but it does seem real since any company would do that.)
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

galaxy nexus will be 99$ for three years contract with bestbuy on friday. Google the link to the flyer on mobile syrup.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/01/11/telus-and-rogers-galaxy-nexus-will-be-99-99-on-a-3-year-at-best-bu...