Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RogersGalaxy

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RogersGalaxy

why if you are paying full price for the phone do they still require you to activate a plan?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, Bell's being lame by forcing you to get a 30 day contract even if you purchase at full price. So lame.  I understand why from thier point, just doesn't help us.

jaydee77ca....ya, I'm in a similar boat.  My Xpera Arc has a 32GB card in it and although it's not full I'm not sure I want to give it up. Mind you, I just finished uploading my entire music collection to Google Music so theortically, I wouldn't need to put any tunes on the phone.   I'm so back and forth on this phone,

....but I really want to try a pure Google phone out.  Last two have been Sony Ericssons.  And that screen is just awesome.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Try ordering the phone online from somewhere like The Source or Best Buy. That's what I did when Bell launched the Galaxy S2 and was requiring a contract. The online retailers didn't have that requirement.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The best way to get the Galaxy Nexus w/o signing a contract with Bell is to ask an existing Bell customer to buy it for you.
That's what I did.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Stand outside the store like under age kids trying to buy alcohol, haha 😉
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ok. So I got impatient waiting for Rogers.

If anyone is looking for an unlocked Galaxy Nexus and you live in the GTA, you can get the HSPA+, 16GB version at Pacific Mall in Markham for $680 taxes in.  

That's a better price than the Bell $649.99 + tax ($734.49).

It's awesome.  Big...but awesome.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Or better you look at kijiji & you get it for $600 - $650 brand new not even opened.

This is what a lot of people are doing. Putting it up for sell on Kijiji for that price.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

So it's January now - can anyone from Rogers get us a date in January when SGN will hit the Rogers' shelves ?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You're kidding me right? Its January 2nd. Relax.

No one from Rogers will know. Its been known that Rogers does not tell its employes anything until a day or so before. Bell & Virgin had the exclusive rights to launch it first for the first 30 - 60 days. This has been told from many Bell & Virgin Employes.

My guess would be Rogers will release it either at the end of the month or in Feb.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

hi,

got off phone from customer care agent. she told me that it is releasing this week/next week. she was hesitant to give me a date and didnt want to tell me it was this week either.

me : i want to cancel my contract cos u guys r not telling me when galaxy nexus is coming out.

her : oh it is coming out this month with us

me : can u tell me an aprox date ?

her : i cant tell u that but it is very close.

me : is it before 15th jan

her : yes

me is it in first week of jan ?

her : around that time.

me : then i dont want to cancel y contract 🙂

i think bell had 1 month exclusive for the device and it is over by dec 7th so i think jan 2nd week or even 1st week we will get an announcement. unless she was lying to me.

and i went to a shop near by and asked them. seems they know if any new phones have been shipped to them(ofcoure they didnt tell me this right off)

me : hi do u know when u guys are getting galaxy nexus ?

agent : no we dont.

me : really ? a customer care agent told me that u guys are getting it this week.

agent : oh is it ? let me check if they have shipped us anything for this week.

agent : nothing yet.. come back sometime towards the end of next week, we will have some info.

🙂