Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RogersGalaxy

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RogersGalaxy

Awesome Mathieu!   Congrats.   So jealous. Going to see if I can play with one on lunch.

jaydee77ca, yes, GSII will get ICS but 1) it'll be slightly modified by Samsung and 2) updates will always be delayed by Samsung's skinning and carrier deployment.  I'ld like to avoid both of those things.  Hence the desire to go to the GN.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh dear. 

Played with a Bell GN on lunch.

Beautiful. 

Snappy.

HUGE.

Want one.

Need one.

Rogers, hurry the heck up....

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Spoken with a few friends who have picked it up and are on Rogers. They said they purchased it from Futureshop online and had it shipped to them. Perhaps this is a workaround? The phone will be the same, unless Rogers picks up the AT&T model, or somehow gets a new model with LTE.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@AdamUpNorth Yes, very true. The updates will not be as quick and it will have TouchWiz over top of it.

@mbazdell "or somehow gets a new model with LTE" That would be nice, but I'm not sure it will happen. If I had to guess I think Rogers will get the AT&T version which is not LTE.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

FYI....The Rogers reservation system now has the Galaxy Nexus available again. 

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/12/13/rogers-opens-up-online-reservations-again-for-the-galaxy-nexus/

Still no confirmation on specs...I'm pretty sure it's going to be the same as Bell (16GB HSPA+) but it would be nice to know what I've reserved....

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ya like Adam said, the reservation system now has the Nexus again. I didn't reserve - looking to dead my line in the current family plan I'm a part of to start my own new activation.

However, I'm still waiting for a confirmed release date, let alone a rough idea of when Rogers will be getting the Galaxy Nexus. Looking forward to it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

cc781, I asked @RogersBuzz about the launch date earlier this week and although they couldn't give me a day, they did confirm that it will still be in January as originally announced.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Forget the launch date, I want to know if it will be the 32gb version.  If they're only going to have the 16gb version then the launch date doesn't matter for me because I won't be getting is (My 32gb on my Captivate is already full! LOL)

Highlighted
I've Been Around

How do i access the reservation system.  I may be blind, but I dont see it on their webpage.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You have to log in to My Rogers then on the Overview page under Wireless you should see a Device Reservation button.