Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RogersGalaxy

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RogersGalaxy

See? Rogers is going to release it a month after Virgin & Bell does. So there you have it.

Also you will be able to reserve it threw the reservation system tomorrow.

Just to let you guys know DO NOT reserve it threw that system. Read the thread about the iPhone 4S reservation & the Samsung galaxy s2 LTE reservation system.

The reservation system has problems in which you might get your phone weeks after. Meaning you might get your phone Feb instead on Jan. I would suggest you just wait outside of a store during the launch day & get it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I do remember what rogers has done with galaxy s2 LTE.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd buy mine outright from Bell or Virgin if I wanted it one ASAP.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea so do not reserve it threw the reservation system. You will be waiting for the phone weeks after everyone else has it. Remember this happened the same way with the iPhone 4S in the start. So 2 phones Rogers launched on the Reservation system had the same exact issues. I guess Rogers has not realized they did a damage on the system
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Here we go we are at the same scenario like the LTE, guys you could only copy and paste your comments from the previous Samsung galaxy s2 LTE
We will not get this phone until June or July 2012 you know why because apple will release the iphone 5 I guess
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Apple has not even annonced anything about a iPhone 5. Same goes with the release date.. .. 😕 What does Apple & iPhone 5 have to do with any of this?

Rogers already came out saying that the Galaxy Nexus is being released on the Roger network in January 2012. You will get this phone but you will most likely get it sometime Feb if you choice to go with the reservation system.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

We are always late and behind the technology
Thanks rogers because o will not be able to upgrade my other phone before Christmas
I am out of this game guys I don't want to waited for three or four months to get the phone
I guess I will go ahead and buy the s2 LTE my be they will reduce the price less than $100 same as bell
Highlighted
I've Been Around

January

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Oh come on, it sounds like everybody's life will end because they can't the the gadget in their hands tomorrow.  It's a freaking phone, you make calls on it, text on it. I'm sure your old phone can do that for an extra month.  Armageddon will not come early because you have to wait a month for a phone, or god forbid buy something else. Consumerism run a muck, I'm sure the phone companies love it!   

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You're right. The phone companies are loving all of this.

What upsets me is that I'm not being given the information by my current provider (Rogers) to make a descition on my next consumer purchase.

Right now I've decided I want to purchase the Galaxy Nexus. However, I don't know if the specs of that phone that my current provider is going to carry is the same as the rest of the Canadian market. 

If it's the specs are the same as other carriers then I'll happily purchase on as soon as I can from another carrier since I'm excited about the product.  However, if Rogers is going to carry a different spec'd model, then I'll happily wait for Rogers. 

As far as I'm concerned, my cell phone provider is just a voice/data pipe.   Just like any company, whoever provides me with the best product and service will get my business.

But since Rogers isn't releasing any info, I'm in limbo...which is anoying. 

People have repeatedly said that Rogers is getting the same model as Bell (16GB HSPA+).  I'd like to see that in writing somewhere because I can't find it.  The Google site only lists what's currently available in Canada which makes sense.

Guess I'll just have to wait...