Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RogersGalaxy

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RogersGalaxy

Any way lets hope they will get it soon like the LTE!!!"
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@ saadgh.. You really do not know anything do you.

Do you know what exclusive means?
When Rogers released the Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE they have the exclusive rights to it. Just like bell had the exclusive rights to release the Samsung Galaxy S2. They never posted on the website that they are having it exclisuve at their carriers.

Please read a few things on the internet before you post comments you do not even know what you are talking about. Not being rude but you are confusing others while you are not even aware of what you are saying.

BTW what is " house" You keep saying. I can not understand what you mean when you keep saying " house"

Seeing as Bell & Virgin posted they are the first to release it & also have it on their website it clearly shows they are releasing it first & they have exclusive rights to release it first. Now i might be wrong but this is how it looks like it. I also called in head office of Bell & they also did say that as well. Do you have any proof that Rogers will get it? Seeing as Rogers has not even posted ONE thing about this phone YET Bell & Virgin did. Also there has been more proof that Bell was going to get it first seeing as ONLY they are getting high end phones to release before Rogers has done.

The LTE netowrks does not mean anything here since we are talking about PHONES NOT networks. Rogers released it first & then Bell followed after. What does that mean? Rogers released it first like they said. What does Virgin site says? " First" So please understand that Virgin & Bell are releasing the phones FIRST. I really hope Rogers gets it a week or soo after they do tho. Remember tho like i said Bell offers more money to the Companies in which Rogers does not. This is why Rogers does not get the phones that Bell does. Only a few phones bell has Rogers has.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well i don’t want to be rude, but I think you have to go and check the s2 lte web at Rogers and see the big huge red circle (Rogers Exclusive) this mean no one will get this phone not bell no other carriers her is the link

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...

when the carrier says this is exclusive mean no one can or will release the device, if they say we have it first means the other carrier have the right to get it as well

house is a typo

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

According to MobileSyrup:

" In addition, we’re still hearing rumblings of an exclusive by one of the Big 3 carriers (Rogers, Bell or TELUS)…"

That statement was released 5 days ago.  See here:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/11/09/official-google-galaxy-nexus-page-now-shows-canada-as-coming-soon/

I think today's official announcement from Bell and Virgin pretty much sums up the Galaxy Nexus as exclusive to them.  It was the same with the S2.  Telus and Rogers waited for months before releasing their own version of the S2.  I think at this point, it's safe to say Rogers will try to capitalize on their S2 LTE sales and the Nexus may take a few more weeks or months to be released.

Regardless, isn't the Galaxy Nexus supposed to come unlocked?  And with rumours of a price point of 500$ outright, why subject yourself to another 3 year contract?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

OMG what do i have to type for you to understand this... Even Halo240sx even said the same thing as me. Get over it Rogers will NOT release it at launch. Bell & Virgin will.. My god. Read other websites & they will say the same as me & him.

Bell & Virgin are releasing it First. The end. Rogers will release it whenever they want too & i doubt it will be the same time as Bell & Virgin seeing as both of them did put on there website as of today they are releasing it & Rogers has NOT putting anything up.

Also may i add like i have within the other posts that VIRGIN has posted that they will be the FIRST TO LAUNCH IT. Meaning they are going to have the exclsive launch before Rogers launches the phone. Rogers will launch it weeks after Bell & Virgin does.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, you know some thing and I know some thing else!!

You replied to me this morning thatRogerswill have no release date because Samsung did not release the phone as of yet and you were typing with out any knowledge that bell and version released the phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do your comment and I do mine

The idea is thanks god they did not say it is EXCLUSIVE other wise Rogers will not get it not after one week or one month or one year, you right may be they will have it after 2 weeks but NOT FIRST, because bell and version did not say EXCLUSIVE

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes because everyone said the same thing as i did & then Bell & Virgin this morning said they are going to be first to release it. No one knew that Bell & Virgin posted it till MobileSyrup & others saw it. This also was after i posted that comment so you really can not bring my comment here since my comment was posted BEFORE Bell & Virgin posted their pages up...

Rogers may be getting the LTE version. Rogers will most likely wait for a few weeks until they release it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyways, as far as we know, Rogers has not confirmed they are getting ANY version of the Galaxy Nexus.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

That is correct. Rogers will most likely release something to us saying that they WILL release the phone but will not give us a date. Just like they did with the S2 LTE.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My bad, they announced it: JANUARY 2012.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/11/14/rogers-to-release-the-samsung-galaxy-nexus-in-january-2012/

So we're getting it, a lot later.