Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Month 2 Month?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cc781
I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Month 2 Month?

Hey there, I'm hoping someone can help me out with a few questions. I recieve an employee discount with Rogers Wireless services.

I currently am under a family plan(terrible to share minutes with 2 other phones) with an old blackberry. I would like to cancel the data plan on the blackberry(which I was told was $100) and leave it at minimum usage until the contract expires in 2013.

In the meantime, I was going to wait until Rogers got this phone but since Christmas is around the corner, there is a chance I could be getting this phone as a gift.

Now what happens if I get the Samsung Galaxy Nexus outright from Bell or somewhere else, would I be able to go under a Rogers month 2 month type of plan?(if this is the case, am I still eligible for the employee discount?) If these plans exist, are they any good?

or would I have to sign up for a new activation/3 year contract regardless if I have my own phone?

Any info would be much appreciated

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Month 2 Month?

Hello laresare

The thread was created 3 years ago.. Also yes you are correct, with the new policy & rules, if you are charging your plans your contract will NOT reset & you will not pay any additional fees like you used to before.

Only when doing upgrades you will be charged any fees / your contract will be charge to a 2 year term.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You can just buy outright the Bell Galaxy Nexus & use it with your plan / numbers. All you need to do is slip your sim card into the galaxy Nexus & it will work. Rogers will not make you get a new plan ( new activation) or take any discounts / or anything else away. You are just simply getting another phone.
cc781
I've Been Here Awhile

thanks for the reply and I see what your saying. The thing is I want out of my current family plan contract because it is terrible. Not enough minutes to share between 3 phones(my father and sister also have phones under the same plan). I have instructed them not to upgrade through Rogers or it will extend our contracts. Thus the reason why I'd like to remove the data plan from my blackberry and leave it at minimum usage until the contract runs out(better than paying $500 outright).

That's why I was curious to see if I got this new phone, if I can just go month 2 month, instead of signing up for a new 3 year term. I hope that makes sense.

laresare
I've Been Around

Sorry this info may no longer be valid for you but just wanted to let you know changing your plan will not extend your contract. Only hardware upgrades will extend the end date of your term. Rogers has some double your data plans til the end of Feb with unlimited Canada wide calling and not all the lines need to take data give them a call and see if your plan is eligible.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello laresare

The thread was created 3 years ago.. Also yes you are correct, with the new policy & rules, if you are charging your plans your contract will NOT reset & you will not pay any additional fees like you used to before.

Only when doing upgrades you will be charged any fees / your contract will be charge to a 2 year term.

View solution in original post