Samsung GS2 LTE unable to receive some calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Achilles
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Samsung GS2 LTE unable to receive some calls

Hello everyone,

I just got my first Android phone from Rogers a while ago and I have noticed I am unable to receive calls from undisclosed/unknown/blocked numbers. To call my mobile from my home phone I have to dial *82 (604) XXX-XXXX otherwise if I dial (604) XXX-XXXX I get my voicemail. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thank you!

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung GS2 LTE unable to receive some calls

Your welcome :). Yea if you uncheck it, it should work fine. If not then Call Rogers & see what the problem is.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Are you sure there is no block feature on your account that does not allow any unknown or private numbers to go threw? Do you have Call manager activated to block those calls?
Achilles

Hmmm, I know the SGS2 LTE has an auto reject feature and it's off but there's also an "Unknown numbers" box that you can (un)check...I guess I'll have to call my mobile a few times from my home phone...otherwise I can always call Rogers. My home number is set to be private when I call anyone but *82 makes my number visible. Thanks for your reply!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Your welcome :). Yea if you uncheck it, it should work fine. If not then Call Rogers & see what the problem is.

View solution in original post

jwahkan
I've Been Here Awhile

Are you using the LTE network?  I've noticed that you cannot receive calls properly when on it.  Switch back to HSPA/GSM auto and give it another try.

Cheers.

Achilles

@jwahkan wrote:

Are you using the LTE network?  I've noticed that you cannot receive calls properly when on it.  Switch back to HSPA/GSM auto and give it another try.

Cheers.

Hi,

Yes, it seems when my phone is connected to LTE all my calls go to voicemail. I see there's another huge thread about this issue.