Samsung Captivate display shows "Downloading...Do not turn off Target!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Samsung Captivate display shows "Downloading...Do not turn off Target!!

Hoping someone can assist me.  

I turned on my phone this morning and the display is showing a yellow triangle, along with the message Downloading...Do not turn off Target!!!

What does this mean and how do I fix it? 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Captivate display shows "Downloading...Do not turn off Target!!

Hi MsScarlett32,

From your discription it seems like you booted up your phone into Download Mode. This could be acheived with two possiblities:

1. by pressing the volume down and power button at the same time when booting up the phone. 

2. holding both volume buttons and plugging the USB in while it is connect to a PC.

Many people say that the latter is usually the most common way of achiving this. 

If you are wondering what is Download Mode is flashing radio firmware/ROM upgrade by offical means.With many Samsung devices, people commonly uses ODIN to flash ROMs. These devices needs to be in this mode before flashing  ODIN is not the offical way for flash ROMs but rather through Kies, Samsung's official upgrade service.

In short, download mode is a means when your phone use when it updates with a new version/firmware.

Don't worry if you are left in the screen that ONLY says "Downloading...Do not turn off Target!" You can exit this with two ways:

1. Remove the battery from the phone and restart the phone normally

2. Hold all physical buttons (Up and Down Volume buttons, Power button) for 10 seconds

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is any member of the Community able to assist MsScarlett32 with their Samsung Captivate issue?

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi MsScarlett32,

From your discription it seems like you booted up your phone into Download Mode. This could be acheived with two possiblities:

1. by pressing the volume down and power button at the same time when booting up the phone. 

2. holding both volume buttons and plugging the USB in while it is connect to a PC.

Many people say that the latter is usually the most common way of achiving this. 

If you are wondering what is Download Mode is flashing radio firmware/ROM upgrade by offical means.With many Samsung devices, people commonly uses ODIN to flash ROMs. These devices needs to be in this mode before flashing  ODIN is not the offical way for flash ROMs but rather through Kies, Samsung's official upgrade service.

In short, download mode is a means when your phone use when it updates with a new version/firmware.

Don't worry if you are left in the screen that ONLY says "Downloading...Do not turn off Target!" You can exit this with two ways:

1. Remove the battery from the phone and restart the phone normally

2. Hold all physical buttons (Up and Down Volume buttons, Power button) for 10 seconds

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

View solution in original post