Samsung Captivate and Mac

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung Captivate and Mac

Just got my new Captivate and I understand there is an update in developement. I'm a Mac user at home and KIES is not mac compatable. When the update launches how will I be able to install this on my device?

Thanx

***edited labels***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Captivate and Mac

You & I will be in the same vote soon enough. 

I believe we MAY be able to do this using Terminal but we'll seriously need to fully research and back check just to be safe.

I Plan to Stick Around

If you go to Settings > Applications > USB settings you can tag an option to connect to the KIES server when you hook up to your computer, it even says firmware update on it. My hope is that this can be done directly through here and without the need of KIES software installed on your computer.

Good luck to us both

I Plan to Stick Around

well my friend, looks like you and I are SOL on our Macs. I spoke with both a rogers and a samsung service representative today regarding this issue and there's no current way to do it other than through KIES. The Samsung rep said, for what it's worth, that they are working on a version of KIES for mac hopefully to be completed within the month. I don't know how much of that to believe but if you're looking for the update you'll have to go to a pc