Samsung Ativ S - No FM Radio in GDR2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung Ativ S - No FM Radio in GDR2

So I heard that Samsung was making carriers pay extra to add the FM Radio feature.

I am very dissapointed to see that Rogers choose not to include FM Radio in the recent GDR2 update.

I bought the phone a few months ago under the assumption that we'll be getting FM Radio.

Is a chance for us to get FM Radio in the future?

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Ativ S - No FM Radio in GDR2

Hello shocwave2k

At this point there is no word if Rogers will included the FM Radio or not. They may but they will not announce anything at all. We just have to wait until a leaked version comes out showing its there or another update that may contain it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No FM Radio because there's no chip for that in the ATIV S and no Data Sense because Rogers is not supporting it (no support either for visual voice mail since 2 years either). I think the GRD2 update for Samsung devices contains only the improvements for the OS (i.e. from MSFT).

I'm waiting to see the update for my Lumia 920 hopefully soon...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

No FM Radio chip? I'm not sure who is spreading this misinformation, but that is not true. Samsung advertised the Ativ S with FM Radio until near the phone's release, when it was determined that WP8 didn't have the function to support the built in hardware.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I read it on the wpcentral forum, the guy seems to know the deal:

http://forums.wpcentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/236214-samsung-ative-s-gdr2-disappointed.html#post2069336

At the end of the day the update didn't bring the feature and from the track record of Samsung about Windows Phone, I will not count on it... I don't know why people bother to buy Samsung Windows Phone devices anyway.