Samsung ATIV S

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung ATIV S

Will rogers be getting this windows phone...

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Samsung ATIV S

According to this news release by Rogers they will be carrying the Samsung ATIV along with the HTC 8x and Nokia 920

"TORONTOOct. 19, 2012 /CNW/ - Rogers Communications Inc., Canada's leading diversified communications and media company, announced today it shares an alliance with Microsoft and is the preferred Canadian wireless partner for the launch of Windows 8. Rogers will be the only mobile carrier in Canada to offer the Nokia Lumia 920, Windows Phone 8X by HTC (8GB) and the Samsung ATIV Smart PC tablet. Rogers will also retail the Windows Phone 8X by HTC (16GB) and the Samsung ATIV S Smartphone in Canada on its LTE network, the world's fastest wireless network technology."

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1055783/rogers-to-deliver-windows-8-tablet-and-windows-phone-8-to-ca...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The phone has not even been announced yet... Rogers will not comment on devices they may or may not carry. This is the answer you will get from Rogers. We just have to wait and see once it gets announced, that is when Rogers may announce it.Until then, we Rogers will not say anything.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I know this may be old BUT i got some good info. Mobilesyrup has gotten info that Rogers will get the Samsung ATIV S in November. Here is the link where you can read this. Also i called Rogers and spoke to a Manager in which did tell me its true as well.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/06/rogers-to-release-the-samsung-ativ-s-in-november/

I Plan to Stick Around

I like the fact that it has expandable storage. Still liked my focus. Was a good WP. Gonna also watch for this
Highlighted
I've Been Around

According to this news release by Rogers they will be carrying the Samsung ATIV along with the HTC 8x and Nokia 920

"TORONTOOct. 19, 2012 /CNW/ - Rogers Communications Inc., Canada's leading diversified communications and media company, announced today it shares an alliance with Microsoft and is the preferred Canadian wireless partner for the launch of Windows 8. Rogers will be the only mobile carrier in Canada to offer the Nokia Lumia 920, Windows Phone 8X by HTC (8GB) and the Samsung ATIV Smart PC tablet. Rogers will also retail the Windows Phone 8X by HTC (16GB) and the Samsung ATIV S Smartphone in Canada on its LTE network, the world's fastest wireless network technology."

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1055783/rogers-to-deliver-windows-8-tablet-and-windows-phone-8-to-ca...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Please Please help !!!

Got a new Samsung Ativ S (my plan is Voice + SMS / MMS, but no data)

Question : I can't even get the MMS APN setting to allow me to receive pictures, while sending out has no issue (sure, turn-on the "data" switch on the phone). 

When I sent picture to myself or others sent me, I ALWAYS can get the URL link Get media content now  (xxx KB).

But when I clicked this URL link, just a sound and no picture at all.

Help Please.  give me idea / post your MMS APN (I leave INTERNET APN empty) setting if you are Voice +SMS/MMS and no data plan.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bigcircle

I would suggest contacting Rogers about this or going to the store. They should be able to help you with the MMS settings as i doubt any of us here know sadly:(
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

some technical staffs not that knowledgeable. I spent 2 hours with them already. I am sure someone out there only have the same Voice + MMS plan, no data plan. can you post the parameters and I can try if you are working ok. Thanks.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Where did you get the ATIV from?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello

Rogers is selling the Samsung ATIV S on a 3 year term or out right. Here you go

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirelessBuyFlow?forwardTo=PhoneThenPlan&productType=normal&productId_...