STAY AWAY from Rogers for ONLINE GAMING

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: STAY AWAY from Rogers for ONLINE GAMING

I hear, i seee , i witness, i experience your pain. I use the latest modem , same problems over and over. Lost packages. Lack of internet connection stability. Pooor peak hours connection speed.impacts all online experience. I will.cancel next month. Rogers should improve their connection and finding solution to.fix connection problems rather then asking too many questions. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Many of your issues there.. tend to be line, congestion, etc issues..

Thats not saying that its not rogers fault.. it IS... and something they should fix in your area.

(in an area that this doesnt happen in.. it doesnt have the same problems)

Just make sure if you are canceling, look at who/what you are going with. 
Switching to another provider, which rents from rogers lines, etc.. could have the same exact issues.. so take that into consideration when looking at others.

I Plan to Stick Around

The problem isn't Rogers actual internet. They have an excellent back end. The problem is their routers. What you need to do is only use their routers in bridge mode and supply your own actual router.

At the same time, I hear ya. Blows my mind that they have great internet, but whoever is in charge of their modems keeps bringing in these cheap piles of xxxx which relegates the experience to a bad one. So they spent the money to build a great infrastructure, and then ruin it with a terrible portal. Somebody should lose their job.

Back to my point though. Get the CGN2 and put it in bridge mode. Then get a great router. You'll be set. Works like a charm.
I'm Here A Lot

I game a little and have never had issues with rogers. Could be your setup. Also I know from exsperiance that some of rogers modems work way better than other...
I've Been Around

STAY AWAY from Rogers for ONLINE GAMING

For the past few days, my Internet drive me nuts ... I play league of legends, the internet jst keep me dc from the game.

I can take my rogers cell phone only has one bar signal, or bbut the internet is kind of deal breaker.

i wll find a new provider. i can take this internet no more.

somtime is not the teamates make u crazy. it is ROGERS

So for people experiencing DC... it is NOT LOL, y can my friend play LOL withe Bell perfectly while some others can't? 

• technical support jst keep telling me the internet is FINE, but its NOT. Its so not Fine

FIX IT OR CYA ROGERS

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Why can your friend?

Possibly routing issues, bell routes may take a different path, have different partners along the path to the lol servers.
So it could be a server/node somewhere in the US with the issue.

Are you able to do a traceroute to a lol server when you are having this issue?

I've Been Around

I have been getting the same issues over the last week. 

My internet connection will only be stable for 1-2 hours before I am disconnected from games, and websties stop working for 2-3mins.

Luckily my contract is about to end.

I Plan to Stick Around

@CantPlayOnline wrote:

if you read what I said, it doesn't matter who I play, I always lag and feel like my players/team is stuck in quick sand (because of congested internet)

i have three xbox's btw..

an average joe wouldn't notice the lag at all.... only people who play competitvely or for money are sensitive (can tell) the difference between a good connection or not.

when it comes to online gaming, having a good a connection is the #1 thing (even more important than skill) because even if you're good and your connection blows, in COD, you could shoot at someone but your bullets might not register.... in nhl or fifa, your guys feel like they are stuck in mud/quick sand... etc...almost unplayable.

doesn't matter though, I've learned my lesson and done everything that I could possibly have done. only option now is to switch to bell.... at least bell internet is dedicated.

lol and btw, the techinician showed me that 5 of my neighbours (including me) share ONE line... haha. that's embarassing...

rogers never again...

Bell fibe is dedicated internet.... rogers isn't... I wish I would have known earlier and didn't lock myself into a contract

As someone who plays on a true competative level, i.e. in-house tournaments, I can say that rogers internet is simply that.
It's internet...

Keep in mind that you could have Gigabit internet speeds but because most console games use 'listen' or p2p servers you are always limited by people with slower connections, especially if you are not the host of the match.

Just some food for thought here...

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3466666922

This is my connection, and I only have 150/10.

It has NEVER been lower, any time I have tested.

Yet, I still manage to lag in matches periodically.

Now, as with everyone else on here, I will point out, that as opposed to trying to ACTUALLY find a SOLUTION to your problem by providing us with more details about your configuration settings, you want to just complain about your service.

We get it, rogers tech support guys are brickbrains... 

We, however are not, nor are we fanboys.
Another thing for you to keep in mind that as of current posting, Bell services are far more expensive than rogers are. Both in price per bandwidth, and usage.
You may even have the same issues.

5People on your 'line' means nothing as there are 8 on mine.

Now, I am not sure to the validity of this, but I have had a couple tech guys; who actually knew their 'stuff', tell me that the service is also prioritized by the level of service you have as well, i.e. Ultimate customers take precedence over lite. Which, should most definately be the case, I pay more, I should be treated better kind of logic. 

My internet is not without it's issues either. But most were modem/configuration issues.

**edited for content**

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the same issues here!

It is just impossible to play League of Legends using Rogers!

http://tinypic.com/r/22jds3/8

How's that possible to play like that?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I have been trying to play on-line games but I just can`t because I got disconnected every 30 seconds.

I have talked yesterday with customer support and they updated the firmware of my Modem and asked to change my modem at a Rogers store if the problem persists... As you can see the problem is still the same.

I just can't play any games with this internet. To watch youtube videos for example is fine, since some package loss does not interfere... But when it comes to games, it is just impossible.

Please someone help me! 

Here is the image of the Ping and tracert command:

http://postimg.org/image/yh5aecmjd/full/