STAY AWAY from Rogers for ONLINE GAMING

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Re: STAY AWAY from Rogers for ONLINE GAMING

So does Rogers still throttle p2p online gaming ?

On the old.internet packages

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have an Asus router and I have reset it and assigned static IP addresses, opened all the necessary ports and turned off all firewalls.  Seems much better than before.  But alot to go through to play online.  and my NAT is still strict

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Seems a little strange.  Running the modem in Bridge mode?  From what I remember, there is a routine that one has to go thru on the xbox in order to achieve an open NAT.

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

I have a tplink archerC7 ac1750 router with open Nat when playing Xbox one online with upnp on
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

The only times I have problems with Nat if I have 2 Xbox ones playing at the same time. One Nat is open and the other one is on moderate. The only way I seem to fix this was buy plugging the other xboxone into Rogers modem for second IP addresses
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Any idea if they still throttle p2p online games on older Internet packages like that guy stated on first page. I'm on the hybrid 150plan 500 GB / monthly
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers supposedly stopped any traffic shaping a long time ago. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Smythe9110, you shouldn't have to turn off the router firewall in order to use your xbox.  If you haven't seen this video, have a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxCjScH9xNc

Basically what it seems to suggest is to simply repeat the multiplayer test until the Open NAT comes up.  Personal opinion, that's a little goofy if repeating the test a few times results in an Open NAT.  I think it points to an issue with the xbox software, not with a modem or router that happens to be sitting ahead of it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My NAT says strict but the conection is solid for all the games I've been testing on today... it was a 3 hour job because of my lach of tech knowledge but I think I have it figured out now.  going to play a 10 player game of NBA 2k and if there's no latency spikes for that then I've solved it

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is the modem in Bridge mode, ie running as just a modem, with the router doing everything else, including firewall duties?