SMS Not Sending Unless I Make A Phone Call 1st?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

SMS Not Sending Unless I Make A Phone Call 1st?

So I just got a Xperia Z1 SOL23 KDDI Japan phone and unlocked it today.

Had to toss a Generic International ROM just get get the SIM unlock window as Japan loves to lock those down and in the process lost the 32GB of internal storage only available on this model (the generic ROM is only programmed to see 16GB since that is the standard for this phone).

All works well but it would not auto-download the Rogers APN info correctly so I manually entered it.

LTE bands for this phone are 800, 1500, and 2100 so I am only getting HSPA+ even though I understood Rogers used 2.1?

OK enough rambling and let me get to the point lol...

What is driving me nuts is that any SMS I send will not send/time out unless I make a phone call 1st, then they all pour out simultaneously?

It is like the SMS cannot initialize but the phone call kicks it in gear.

Once one call is made they work fine but if I reboot I have to start this all over again Smiley Frustrated

Any ideas or solutions?

Cheers!

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: SMS Not Sending Unless I Make A Phone Call 1st?

Well the phone is new and should operate on the same basis as any phone essentially when it comes to APN's and SMS. 🙂

I reflashed and rooted, all good now.

Cheers mate

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Nobody has any ideas?  Smiley Indifferent

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Zoibort

Most people on here buy devices from Rogers ot Canadian ones which won't have issues. So most do not have issues like this.

Seeing as this model is from Japan, i would suggest doing a factory reset. See if that will fix the issue. If the issue keep going on, it most likely is happening because the ROM you are using it not meant to work on the Rogers networks. Remember not all ROMs are made for all carriers. You will need to find a rom that works for Rogers.

I would suggest making a post on XDA and ask them about this. That site is more your way and most likely will get help there.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well the phone is new and should operate on the same basis as any phone essentially when it comes to APN's and SMS. 🙂

I reflashed and rooted, all good now.

Cheers mate

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Ziodbort

There you go! 🙂 all good now!