SMCD3GN port forwarding and/or DMZ not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

SMCD3GN port forwarding and/or DMZ not working

I've been trying to get remote management working on my Synology NAS drive afer installing a SMCD3GN. I had a older modem with a Lynksys router and it worked perfectly. I use dyndns and that worked like a charmp for over a year. It doesn't matter what I try with this extgremely feature limited modem, it doesn't work. $230 down the drain IMO unless Rogers has more advanced firmware to use. The modem forwards its own address before anyother so a remote connection will always give you the modems signin page.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Or do I have to drop this **bleep** modem back to the Rogers store?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: SMCD3GN port forwarding and/or DMZ not working

mine doesn't either. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Is someone from Rogers going to reply to this thread?

I what to know when it will be resolved.

I was told by tech support to buy a wifi router and configure the Rogers modem as a modem only. Can you believe that? Then why did Rogers sell me a modem with routing features that don't work. I think Rogers owes me a solution tht I paid for in my expensive modem.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I would get Rogers to change the modem to bridge mode and start using your old router again. Puts you back in the sysadmin seat of your home network.
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't want to lose my Gige ports or the N wifi that the modem provides. That's why I purchased this modem. The once still falls on Rogers to deliver a product that works as advertized.

I've Been Around

I'm having a similar issue; trying to forward ssh connection without adding an unnecessary hop to the network; I keep getting a "conflicts with management ports!" error...why even put it in the port forwarding list if you won't allow us to forward it? And I can't even ssh into the router myself which leads me to beleive that it may only be possible by Rogers themselves...Rogers why do you feel it is necessary for us to pay $7/month for a "high speed wireless router and modem" that won't even allow us to do what it claims to do?

This one of the many reasons I can't stand this company...is it too much to ask to provide a service that doesn't nickle and dime you at every turn? Too much to ask to let us use our own equipment to manage our own network?

We pay you for access to your network...not to control ours.

I Plan to Stick Around

3 Months and still waiting for an acceptable response from Rogers. Will someone from Rogers address this issue or not? Jsut tell us whether Rogers plans to correct this condition or not. If not, then why not?

I Plan to Stick Around

Placing the modem in bridge mode and using your own router is not an acceptable solution. Since I was forced to use this modem and I paid for my modem up front, then I expect all the normal feature of a router to work. or provide me with a replacement that will work. This is outrageous.
I've Been Around

I have the same issue with this SMCD3GN. it doesn't forward the ports at all. tried enabling uPnP, put the internal server to DMZ, all to no avail. Any workaround up to now?
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm still really pissed at this situation and lack of response from Rogers. Totally unacceptable to me. I had to purchase an external router and place the modem into bridge mode. I was not happy to do this but I had to because the wifi started to mess up on this router/modem. What a piece of crap device that I paid a large premium for directly from Rogers. I think Rogers should do something for us SMCD3GN users.