SMCD3GN modem/router and Linksys internet cams ????

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

SMCD3GN modem/router and Linksys internet cams ????

Anyone have a SMCD3GN modem/router and successfully connected in a Linksys internet cam ? It was simple enough with my Linksys routers but the SMC can read/see setup information within the camera but fails when i try to write (save) updated information to it.

Any suggestions ... i would have thought anything connected by LAN to the SMC would work by default!

KC

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: SMCD3GN modem/router and Linksys internet cams ????

Hi kc,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

In most cases the device should be plug-and- play. There aren't any specific settings on the SMC itself that should block any type of webcam activity. That being said, normally a reset of both devices to the default settings should correct the issue.

Has anyone else had any issues like this?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi kc,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

In most cases the device should be plug-and- play. There aren't any specific settings on the SMC itself that should block any type of webcam activity. That being said, normally a reset of both devices to the default settings should correct the issue.

Has anyone else had any issues like this?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

As RogersReggie says, there is nothing I can think of that would prevent these from working.

I'm assuming that the cameras are using UDP to connect so there's the possibility of needing some port-forwarding configuration done, but that is doubtful.

Although it should not be necessary, if you are running up against a wall getting it working, a Rogers HiSpeed Technical Support rep can switch the SMC to bridge mode which essentially turns the gateway into a standard modem and you can then connect your existing Linksys router and use that.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You may need to port forward. I am not sure how the internet cams work exactly. Read the manual and if it mentions port forwarding, you can call into technical support to have them explain how to port forward on your D3 Gateway.
I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.