SMCD3GN modem problem.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

SMCD3GN modem problem.

The main (and only problem?) is that the modem keeps restarting itself, and I'm unsure why. The wires are fine. If it's any reason, the modem gets/is really hot when it's working. The coaxial cable even hotter, there is a open fan in the room the modem's in. As well, my NAT Type 2 is moderate rather than 'open'.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: SMCD3GN modem problem.

EDIT: I fixed the moderate type 2 NAT. It's now open. Now, the only problem is the modem restarting/rebooting/etc. I'm not the only one with problems with this modem I see. :/

Retired Moderator RogersHemal
Retired Moderator

Have you attempted a factory reset of the gateway?  On the back of the device you will find a small hole to factory reset it.  Press that hole for 10 + seconds.

If the issue persists I would advise to exchange the modem.  You can try the new Cisco Docsis 3 modem.  If you can exchange it at any Rogers Plus store near you.  As long as you are renting the box.

I Plan to Stick Around

I had a rental SMCD3GN router that was rebooting all the time. The only thing that seemed to work was a replacement modem and power supply. If you are renting, pop into a Rogers Plus store for that. If not, hopefully your modem is still under warranty.

The power supply I had when it was rebooting itself was a two piece: a 120 volt two prong AC plug connected into a separate DC power pack. The new one I have is in one piece, the power pack plugs directly into the wall. That said, I'm not sure if it was the modem or the power supply that was defective, however a Rogers Plus store will give you both in a new plastic bagged 'bundle' package.

Have a look at the solution to my problem for how to get a replacement modem, finding a store that can help you and what to do before you just drop in with your busted modem. http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Modems_routers/thread-id/919
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Guys, if there's a problem, even tiny ones, as long as you know everything is set up properly, don't bother trying to fix it...just exchange it.

I've Been Around

How did u fix your nat type?