SM Corby Pro - GPS ???

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

SM Corby Pro - GPS ???

How does one get aGPS access on this device, because I can't find it in the menus. B/c when you choose GPS on the rogers website, this phone shows in the results. And the Samsung website states it has the aGPS feature as well.

Has anyone tried it, and how do you acquire it ?

***edited labels***

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: SM Corby Pro - GPS ???

Hey pminister,

Thanks for joining our forums!

Any of our community members have another suggestion?

Here's a tip, on GPS, you have to wait for it to lock on to satellite signals.

You can check:

1. Settings

2. Phone Settings 

3. GPS Settings

4. GPS position

In this screen you'll find "Satellite status", here you can see the no of satellite signal your Corby is receiving. Take about 2 mins to lock on. And yes, you have to be under a open sky where you can receive clear signal. Indoor is no use. No satellite based GPS works indoor. The GPS+ settings under GPS Settings allows you to download data about the satellites from the net, for faster calculation of your position for which you need the internet on your phone.

Does this help?

I've Been Here Awhile

Erin I'm having this problem also. My Corby Pro does not have a GPS Settings Menu Item under the Phone Settings. How do I enable the GPS feature? Thanks.

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi BillC,

I will look into this and get back to you, thanks for your patience.

Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

Internet access is required to have the GPS function in the Corby Pro activate. If you are not sure if you have data, try to browse, if browsing works GPS should be enabled.

If you are still experiencing issues or missing icons try a battery pull. If the issue persists you would need to contact Samsung at 1-800-726-7864 and follow their steps to get the GPS up and running. 

If your device is defective they will refer you back to us.

I've Been Here Awhile

Jean, I had already tried to obtain my GPS position as Erin described while having Internet access (both through Wifi and later a Daily Data Plan) but I still did not have these menu options. I subsequently contacted Samsung Customer Care as you suggested and their agent advised that Rogers had to activate this feature. I then contacted your wireless technical support to have the feature activated and your agent said that Samsung had not provided Rogers with the software to utilize the GPS feature. Your technical expert also advised that there was no date for delivery of this software. From additional searching of the Internet, it seems that the directions that Erin provided comes from the UK version of the User Guide but this feature has been removed from the Canadian model. While, the GPS position feature is available elsewhere, it does not seem to be available in Canada contrary to Samsung and Rogers advertising.

I've Been Here Awhile

I just Got the Samsung Corby Pro GT-B5310R specifically for WIFI and it's GPS / AGPS feature.

The GPS feature is missing and this is a true Downfall furthermore a false advertisement provided by both Rogers and Samsung.

I've Been Around

Also cannot access GPS nor see GPS settings on Rogers Corby Pro. Why advertise a disabled feature? Every other carrier has this enabled. Will this be enabled soon?

I've Been Around

I cannot find the GPS setting in menu, either. Anyone can get it up?
I've Been Around

I have the same problem... Just got it and I cant find it anywhere.  Any update on this?