SD PVR model numbers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

SD PVR model numbers

Someone I know is looking to replace a dying SD box with an SD PVR. What are the model numbers of the SD PVRs that have been offered by Rogers in the past? I know of the SA8000 and SA8300, were there others?

I've found a few on Kijiji/Craigslist, but are Rogers Plus stores allowed to sell returned rental SD (PVR) boxes since they aren't going to be rented out again?

Thank you.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: SD PVR model numbers

SA8000 and SA8300 are the only 2 I remember. I don't think Rogers stores sell them, at least I haven't seen them sell them.

That said there is no reason why you couldn't get an HD pvr and just not use the HD capabilities.
I Plan to Stick Around

In the short term for someone without an HDTV and doesn't plan to buy one within the next year its more economical to buy a used SD PVR outright (they go for under $175) than pay a perpetual $25 rental fee.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Agreed.. I was just stating that there is no reason an HD one wouldn't do the job. (yes monitary reasons still apply)

I Plan to Stick Around

Chris is right, there were only 8000 and 8300 SD pvrs available through Rogers.  

I would advise not to purchase a 8000 SD as they generally suck.  Go with the 8300 or an 8300hd, if you can find a used one that works well.