SD BOX

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

SD BOX

Are they still available to purchase anywhere ?

I have three analogue TV s in the bedrooms that receive regular cable , The main has an SD box  . What will happen to the ones without the boxes after Aug 31st

I have a VIP pkg but cannot receive on these TVs currently without a box

I do not want HD box

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: SD BOX

If you have been paying attention to the commercials, NOTHING WILL HAPPEN to you in your specific situation since you are NOT WATCHING TELEVISION VIA OTV SIGNALS.

Does that make sense? you have CABLE, so the OVER THE AIR TRANSITION does NOT APPLY to you.

However, Rogers may soon decide to discontinue ANALOGUE CABLE once their subscriber base hits 85%, they are very close to it, when they do hit that, they will send out notices and you will need to buy a cheap SD box. You can pick up a NEW one for about $40 bucks, and a second hand one generally goes for abotu $20 bucks.  Hope this helps.

I've Been Around

Hey Pauly,

Not for nothing but where can you purchase an SD box for $40?  I hear they are only available through a Rogers store now and maybe only for rental.  The retail price used to be $99.99 and only sale for $50 or $60.

I am looking for them as well but not because of this Aug 31st thing.  I just want all the channels I pay for on all of my TV's.  Thanks.

JJ

I'm a Senior Advisor

I'd check kijiji or ebay or and other sites like usedottawa or whatever our city/town has to offer. Usually people upgrading to HD sell their old boxes..
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i bought mine from The Source... By circuit city, however my friend got his at walmart, both were a bout 40 bucks, not sure i have not been to wal mart in a while so i dont know the price  

I Plan to Stick Around

my uncle bought a refurb rogers sd box from yorkdale mall rogers plus and it came with a 1yr warranty. $99 i think

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you can pick up one second hand via private sale for around $20 bucks, which is a **bleep** of a good price.