SA 3200 Digital Box- No Power

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

SA 3200 Digital Box- No Power

I had this box in my basement stored away and just took it out of the box to give to my daughter to use in her spare room, but when i plug it into the wall the power light won't come on.  Does this have to have a cable line hooked up to it first to power up? Or is this unit scrap?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: SA 3200 Digital Box- No Power

To power on in general no it does not.

No lights/display on the box at all? (In the LCD panel area)

It likely needs a ton of updates to it done, but should be some indicator that it's at least running.

I Plan to Stick Around

Nothing at all on the box, like i said, it was working fine when we put it in the box and stored it, its sat for maybe a year or so.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Going to be a borderline insulting question, but, when you plugged it into the wall, did you press the power button?

I only ask because you never mentioned it and, in my years supporting tech, I've learned its never a bad idea to ask the obvious question.....

I Plan to Stick Around

LOL , yes i did try the power button on the unit and the remote.

After leaving this unit plugged in for about an hour, i decided as i walked by it to hit the power button again, and it came on!!

Now it is just sitting there displaying 998, would this be the normal number it would be showing if it's not authorized or attached to cable?

Hopefully it's come back from the dead. The only thing i can think of is that its been kept in the basement and maybe had to burn off a little dampness before it fired up.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i would leave it for a good 24 hours to let it download, etc anything it needs to, reboot, etc.. then see what it comes up with.

I'm a Senior Advisor

As gdkitty suggests, now that it has power, it needs to be plugged into a cable in order to reauthorize itself and to get any updates.  Turn it off, unplug it, then connect the cable before powering back up again.

I Plan to Stick Around

I was going to give this to my daughter for use in her spare room, we were going to Rogers to have it added to her acct. this friday. Is it worth getting it hooked up here and reauthorized before giving it to her or just wait until we get it added to her acct.?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Up to you, you'd have confirmation of it working then first.

There is no fee/charge to move it to her account, etc, so there is no harm to wait either