S6/S6 Edge/S6 Edge+ Suretap Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GibMcFragger
I'm a Reliable Contributor

S6/S6 Edge/S6 Edge+ Suretap Issues

It is well known now that Suretap is not working with any Samsung S6 serious phones. I emailed Suretap a few weeks ago, and got a response from Erica. She told me that it was a Rogers issue, and they were working on it. She also told me she would email me when it was fixed.

I got another email a few minutes ago from her, letting me know that it was fixed. I just tried registering my wallet again, and it is indeed fixed. My CIBC mobile payment app also works now.

So FYI, you all should be able to use Suretap on your S6.

Cheers!

***edited labels***

RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: S6/S6 Edge/S6 Edge+ Suretap Issues

Hi @GibMcFragger,

Thanks for giving us that update!  Glad to hear everything is up and running for you Smiley Happy

@RogersGabrielle

GibMcFragger

I have to Thank Erica at Suretap. I honestly didn't think she would actually follow up. I assumed the "They are worrying on it, I'll keep you posted" was the usual smoke and mirrors. Lol
ChristopherZ
I've Been Around

Hey I can't seem to register my device for this I got a s6edge plus and it's saying error.
RogersMay
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@ChristopherZ

Very warm welcome to the Community Forums!

We would love to help you get registered for Suretap!

May I ask what is the error message you are getting and have you tried any troubleshooting steps like unistalling and re-installing the app?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMay

GibMcFragger

Just to verify, you DO have a Suretap enabled NFC sim card, correct? Just asking in case you didn't know that you need a special SIM card.

If so, then I was told by Suretap that it may take a few tries to get it to register. It did with for me the first time though (after Rogers fixed the issue).

Go to the app info for the Suretap app. Disable/uninstall updates for it. Then re enable it and install the update again. After that, try registering again. 🙂