S3 upgrade to 4.3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

S3 upgrade to 4.3

Good Day I have a S3 and want to upgrade it to 4.3 sooner than later. Yes I know that Samsung is not officially releasing the update until October which is good! My Question to Rogers, is does this mean I can expect to recieve the update right away or will Rogers have to do some testing resulting in delays in the update being released to customers?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: S3 upgrade to 4.3

Hello hghjghj

Sadly you will not get it once Samsung releases it. The carriers will need to add their bloatware and then have tests on it before they release it. Its known Rogers takes weeks if not 1-3 months after to release the update to us. There is nothing that can be done at the moment. So we just have to wait until they release it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hghjghj

Sadly you will not get it once Samsung releases it. The carriers will need to add their bloatware and then have tests on it before they release it. Its known Rogers takes weeks if not 1-3 months after to release the update to us. There is nothing that can be done at the moment. So we just have to wait until they release it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for the information, this is what I was concerned about... Good thing there are other options out there for updating. 🙂
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hghjghj

You are welcome. 🙂
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I just read that  Samsung will release the android 4.3 upgrade in Canada for my GSIII.  Does that mean I will have to uninstall Kies and download the Kies 3 after the upgrade or will this all happen automatically with the upgrade?  Thanks, KennyB

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kennybigrig

The update should come to you over OTA (over the air). If it does not within a few days, i would suggest doing it from Samsung Kies.

Also you will need to upgrade Samsung Kies to work. When opening Samsung Kies on your computer, it will prompt you to install the new update for Kies.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

When is Rogers rolling out the update to the Siii?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hghjghj

No one knows. It can be either end of November or start of December. Its know Rogers takes a few weeks or months to release it. Its happened in the past.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

So I guess 4.4 is a long way out lol.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hghjghj

It is lol. It will take months for the S3 to even get that.