Rumours of increaseing upload speeds to 7mbps? Please help!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rumours of increaseing upload speeds to 7mbps? Please help!

Alright so I'm really sick of the ridiculously slow upload speeds of rogers (uploading my videos to youtube can take as long as 2 hours per video, and I upload about 4 a day..*sigh*)

Now I've heard....that some customers have recieved upgrades to their upload speeds for Extreme plus to 7mbps..

They showed links to their speedtest results...

Is this just a joke? Or are they actually doing this? It's sad to see Rogers stuck at a measly 1mbps upload speed -_-.....

(I have their new modem btw)

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rumours of increaseing upload speeds to 7mbps? Please help!

Speedtest results may be.. skewed, with the newer docsis modems with 'speed boost'  it sort of miss reports sometimes.

Im on 18d/1up

When i speed test, i get 30 down and 2 up.. but its not true numbers... so its POSSIBLE that there is still a better upgrade.. but i have not heard of it.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Speed Boost definitely skews the results of a speed test. Even with a D2 modem, Speed Boost kicks in. I have Express - 10 down/.5 up - but a speed test consistently gives me better results than what I am actually getting. With the exception of loading a Web page, Speed Boost is virtually useless since it only applies to the first 10 MB of a download. I think Rogers came up with the idea of Speed Boost to trick gullible customers into thinking that they actually get even better than the advertised speeds!

I've Been Here Awhile

Speedboost, what a gimmick!

*sigh* Time Remaining 330minutes ..just to upload one video..seriously.

I'm going to Bell, I can deal with 25mbps download if they are giving me 7mbps upload..even that is '7 times' faster than Rogers. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

MOST people rarely use any of their upload.. thats why the plans are usulay a much smaller upload speed.

Though, time are changing, and they should be changing to reflect this.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation