Rogers, you get what you pay for right? Apparently not.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers, you get what you pay for right? Apparently not.

So, checking back at rogers ever now and then simply because Im completely unsatisfied with what I get never seems to fail.

Advertised:

Ultimate

$125.99/month

250Mbps down

20Mbps up

1 TB allowance

"Avaliable in area" (Big joke here, I live in Ottawa our nations capital, and your telling me it doesn't have the infrastructure yet? you've got to be kidding me):

$125.99/month

150Mbps down

10Mbps up

250 GB allowance (how does the ammount you use have anything to do with the area... this is them undercutting and overcharging for a lesser service.)

What I get:

$125.99/month (plus $50 over this month, $100 over last month, REMEMBER I'm tecnically paying for 1TB)

150Mbps down

2Mbps up

250 GB Allowance

If Rogers is incapable of providing their advertised service in an area, but has a lower alternative, they should NOT be charging the same price. I get less then HALF of what I PAY for, and I need to pay EVEN MORE to be able to get what I'm supposed to be recieving? Rogers making us "upgrade" to a new modem by imposing IMAGINARY limits (hense why I only get 2Mbps up) is absolutely THEFT. I was forced to "upgrade" to my current modem so that I can "take advantage" of the 250GB allowance (when that was new) and now I'm FORCED to upgrade again at my cost?

Oh I'd make the threat of moving to another provider but hey what can you do when Rogers has lined the pockets of government and CRTC alike.

ALSO
I do not want a single comment from you people who "are not a rogers emplee" because I don't believe you plain and simple.

This is NOT a discussion. This is me pointing out how much rogers is stealing from me and my family.

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers, you get what you pay for right? Apparently not.

I fully agree that if you are forced into a lesser package because the infrastructure is not there you should have a lower price to reflect that.

FYI - Rogers does have an unlimited option for $10 or $30 a month (depending if you have a bundle) so you can avoid the monthly overages.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh I'm well aware of it but:

I need the upload speed this package gives (though I dont get it, unless I upgrade my modem again, and they do their job and add infrastructure)

I dont NEED unlimited bandwidth, the 1TB this package gives is more then enough (though again they dont give it to me because my modem doesn't allow it?) If my modem can handle me going over the 250GB alternative they gave me, it can handle giving me the 1TB and not charging me over usage.

I understand the speeds not being there if the infrastructure is not (at a lesser cost of course), but I should not be given less bandwidth allowance, that just makes no sense.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

They don't give you the 1TB because you the 250/20 is not available in your area...not because of your modem. The modem upgrade is for the upload..but I fully see your point. Why the data caps are different for the Ultimate plan(no matter which one you subscribe to) makes no sense whatsoever.

The transfer caps are way too low for today's traffic. different cap options should be available besides just unlimited.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My biggest issue with Rogers is how absolutely little a contract is to them, and how much it is to you.

"contract subject to change" First off should not exists. A contract CAN NOT change, that's why its a contract. You are LEGALLY obliged to uphold your end of the contract as a signatory. What's to stop them from suddenly cutting what they offer by 75%. Should you be legally required to pay for something If you are getting 75% less then what you originally signed for?

Now Rogers changes their contracts so often its hard to keep track (between TV, internet etc), but generally I've seen:

If they change it for the better:

you're not affected. You're still on the inferior plan, cause you signed "that one". Tough Luck! Maybe in 2 more years when the contracts up.

If they change it for the worse (i.e. channels are removed):

Then you are affected, you've just lost some channels and your paying the same price. In fact, I remember not too long ago a price increase in cable while they cut down what was offered.

You've got to love how in every case, its you as the consumer always drawing the shortest straw.

Rogers has no ability to "care and support"

Rogers has the ability to "leech and drain"

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Also, on note of overage charges (this month currently $50 over, last $100 over):

If theres an unlimited add on for $30/month extra ($10 with tv, home phone, internet) then why is it possible to even go over the $30 (full price) in overage fees. If they can offer "unlimited" for $30 more a month, why can I pay $100 overage fees for going over 100 GB? Should it not cap at $30, with maybe a notice informing you that the add on might be a good idea?

Another business practice rogers does thats completely asinine, and makes no sense other then the fact that they are trying to gouge you, the customer, for every penny they can sqeeze out of you.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I wont argue the fact that the limits are insanely low, and should be higher.. i 1000% agree with that.

But, many places have things like that, the way the unlimited works.

A service contract, for example, is much that way.
I pay a service contract for here at work, $1000 per year, for example, provides unlimited support calls.
I could NOT pay the support contract.. but its pay per incident, and at $250+ per incident.
Like the rogers unlimited usage.. you pay that amount upfront.. weither you use that extra usage above the normal, or not.. so sometimes could pay off.. other times could be cheaper.

As for the ultimate listing..
Its POOR advertising, the way it is.  Up until a month ago, the ONLY ultimate there, was the one you are currently at.. for the EXACT same price.
So there is really no paying more for less..
Its just, people that ARE in the right area, are getting a BONUS up to that, for the same price. 
BUT, it should be advertised this way.. more of a 'hey contact us to see if you are eligible in your area for a free BONUS'