Rogers wireless outage October 9th 2013

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Rogers wireless outage October 9th 2013

Hello community and staff.  

The Rogers network has been down for several hours now.  No phone calls and most texting won't go threw.  

I am a bit outraged that this has been going on all day.  Now at 8:05pm you guys left a message on Facebook saying that around Canada customers will not have phone call access and some texting won't go threw. 

My understanding is that they will not give a ETA at all.  I am asking, actually no i am asking nicely can the problem be fixed somrtime soon and can you guys offer us a small discount towards our bills?  Wishful thinking but i doubt it.  

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers wireless outage October 9th 2013

Maybe my tinfoil hat is on a little to tight..

Seems a little too co-incidental that the site has been pretty much not accessible all day, and then this.. seems almost more directed 😞

HOPEfully due to scale, they will do something.. but as you said, wishfull thinking

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

Honesty all they had to say from the start was their services would have issues within the day so we know. It seems Rogers can't even do that. 

EDIT -  Finally its back up now and lets see if it still stays. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, i know 😞

While they posted about the cellular outage on FB.. nothing really there all day about the webpage.. which they should have posted about this AM.

I have put a ideabox post about it.. about the timframes of posting about outages.. even if a solution is not known, etc.. just the INFORMING has to happen earlier.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

Yea i added a post on the Idea Box about the same thing as well. Sadly all Rogers had to do is post on Facebook / Rogers site and even on other websites they will have issues today with their services. Not that hard to do. I am sure they were going crazy because of all all this but i am sure 2 minutes to write something earlier would have been better.

Hopefully they start giving a days worth of credit or something to compensate for this outage. If not, i will be calling in and complaining.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I never noticed.. till my wife tried to text one friend of ours who doesnt have an iphone, and it wouldnt go through as an actual text (as all the others worked as they were data on imessage)

While at home, i use the home phone, etc.. 

For those who more RELY on the cell phone, i can see it being a big problem 😞

(this is one of the reasons, that i still have a landline... JUST so i have two different forms of phone available if one is down, at least for at home)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

That is why my family still has land line. Its better to have both for this exact reason. Some people could not even go threw the emergency line either.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

As I read this thread I see a blurb on the CBC new about the outage.

I don't have a cell phone, but was wondering, when I tried to check my internet usage, why I couldn't get the Rogers web page to load..
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jays77

The Rogers site has been having issues this the morning. It seems Rogers had issues all over the place
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Still up/down this morning.. JUST got in.. but not been able to log in for about an hour.

Guess stay logged in if you can?

I did see both on Redboard, facebook, twitter..  They are crediting all postpaid customers on day's worth of usage..
So like $2-5 i guess depending on the plan?

Its not much... but its more than what i expected them to actually do..  good at least that they came forward and did this straight out at least, not a 'if you want a credit call in' sort of thing.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation