Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vipramah
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

GOOD NEWS

Looks like ICS is finally released for Rogers SGS2. I just conected my i727R and Kies popped up a message saying there is a software update available. I've been waiting for 4 months now!

johnnymunn
I've Been Here Awhile

ICS has been ready for download for some days now, I have installed it on my phone and it works great.

vipramah
I've Been Here Awhile

Hmmm. I have been trying to update my Rogers one for a few days now. It never gave me an option to update until just now.

LordZog
I Plan to Stick Around

Was this "official" Rogers ICS update a joke to shut us up? UXCLF3 was built Jun 9th and so far, 3 more updates have been released after this.. This build the modem is broken and dual-mic support is gone.. On this build, I can't get faster than 30Mbps, but as soon as I flash UCLE2 or the LATEST UCLF5, I get over 50Mbps... Same location and multiple tests. Went back to official UXCLF3 modem and back down below 30Mbps... Anyone else getting this?

porkrind
I Plan to Stick Around

Ucle2 was from GB and UCLF5 is from the ATT Sky rocket leak.   (I believe).  So technically not updates.

LordZog
I Plan to Stick Around

Um,
ro.build.display.id=IMM76D.UCLE2
ro.build.version.incremental=UCLE2
ro.build.version.sdk=15
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.4
ro.build.date=Tue May 8 22:18:24 KST 2012
ro.build.date.utc=1336483104

And Skyrocket is the same as our phone.. Just different bloat.. Even if its a leak, it means they are still compiling for whatever reason.. But either way, if UCLE2 gives me a better connection and its older by almost a full month as our official was compiled Jun 9th, there is something that needed to be fixed and they had to makes changes if there is a new modem in UCLF5 which was compiled Jun 12th.