Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

the i727 xda forum

@unhappygalaxy wrote:

Can you post link to

1) Root phone (I guess you need to root the phone first)

2) Link for ROM

3) Process

Thanks a bunch, pateince running thin

the i727 xda forum
cant post link because they will delete it, we can wait for official ics from rogers, or just try the unofficial ones w/out thier bloat on it, so y do u want official, dont need rogers for that when theres alternatives out there, that is the reason for android and not ios, android is all about flashing different roms to ur hearts content, if they did release it i would still flash an xda rom and never use any official rom for android

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks will search it...I have 6 family members with Rogers and they rely on me for advise.  1/2 are up for renewal so I am just about steering them to Mobilicty or Wind, the rest renew this year except mine, and they are also going elsewhere based on my feedback

I also canned my rogers phone

I'm Here A Lot

Folks give up Rogers is not releasing ICS for the S2.  Just grab the AT&T version CM or SKYICS.

I Plan to Stick Around

Too much info to navigate on the xda forums, eyes are spinning.

If someone can ping me with details it would be much appreciated.

I'm Here A Lot

I Plan to Stick Around

I've never flashed an Android phone before so it's kind of intimidating. Are there any apps that can backup everything on an unrooted phone, including sms?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

go here on xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1399 its for our phones, yes u have to read, read all stickies, once u read its not hard to understand, rooting is not hard but not needed as every rom u install is prerooted, the hard part is install cwm, once u have cwm (recovery) it will install every rom u need, u can back up everything w/cwm, for apps u can use titanium backup, u can even restore everything back to rogers official stock firmware, and rogers wont even know u did anything(warranty repair), just read b4 u do anything, its almost impossable to brick ur phone once u read all the stickies, if any1 wants to know which method i used just ask and i will post it on xda for rogers community n00b users

I'm Here A Lot

Not much of an update, but again touched base with Rogers.

- Called Customer Service, explained I have Galaxy S2 LTE. Waitng 2 months for ICS since getting the phone, Bell and Telus have the update, and I was to see about ending contract.

- Moved up to 'Customer Affairs'. On hold for 15min, I disconnect.
- Call back, asked for Customer Affairs right off bat, transfered. Girl answers, and says she is with Fido?! Wtf.
She tells me this isn't unusual, Rogers owns Fido, and the lines got crossed.. wow. just wow.

- Transfered. Get someone named Sabrina from Customer affairs. Did speech. Its $450 for me to leave now ( just into my 3yr) and $400 for my wife who has 18months left but on old contract.
- I appeal to this woman to give me someone at Rogers who cares... someone who can give an answer, help or consider this matter relevent. Nothing, only apology.

- Then called the Rogers in Hamilton I bought the GS2 from asking them the same. Also added I am not impressed with the sales guy who promised ICS would be out in a week.. two months ago.
- Told by store, that ICS questions are now coming in at 2-3 a day. No clue on their end, those she did say a manager told her the Galaxy S3 would be in here store in the next 1-2 weeks.. I could only laugh.

If... IF... the Galaxy S3 comes out and still no ICS update is released I am theatening customer care to allow me the hardware upgrade ( I'll even pay a little out of pocket ) to go from my GS2 to the GS3 or I will pay the 450 and leave.

... just hope they don't call my bluff.. lol

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I'm Here A Lot

Many thanks. Installed in 10min, not a hitch. Its odd though, why does this ICS not have the same unlock screen as the Nexus? Is it the same ICS?

Didn't need a restore, just make sure you write down what is on your home page(s). The upgrade clears the pages. Took me awhile of dragging and dropping to get the same look again.