Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

I see all these rants and people so upset over an update to a phone. 

1) It really doesn't appear Rogers could care less at the moment, perhaps they hit a development snag i dunno.  They have no customer service here and deflect and questions directly over the phone as far as I am reading.

2)  It really does seem silly to get bothered about an update to a phone.  You got the coolest phone last year just enjoy it.  There are plenty of apps and skins/themes which do amazing things you haven't even seen yet.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've done tons to my phone, including modding framework files and such, probably a lot more than yourself.. As someone who makes his own ROMs, it would be nice to play with a non-beta build including radio, bootloader, and kernel.. Only reason I want the update.. I am running a selfmade build using UCLE2 as the root of the OS, just would like an official build... Phone still works!.. 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yet another update for kies, but nothing to update. I wouldn't trade places with the rogers_x for all the tea in China! It can't be any fun reading the comments by current customers! The unabated anger & frustration, yet left powerless by the suits & bean counters!
My troop of Peyote Enhanced Meerkats are more properly armed to face the seething public ^_^
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

**bleep**ing Robers! I was told the same thing when I bought my gs2 lte in early march now we're middle of june and am reduced to using an ATT rom when all I really want is a legit Robers ics rom, actually when I called Robers they the guy on the phone told me that all the stores are indepentally own and operated and that I need to go talk to the store manager if a rep lied to me but you know if I would gone to the store they would have just got me to call the same number I was already talking to

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

but I paid good money and signed a contract I shouldn't be reduced to begging like the orphan Oliver. (me)"please sir can I have some more"(robers)"MORE!! you want MORE!!"
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

This is true. The stores are independently owned so Rogers has nothing to do if they rep lies to you. If a rep lies to you, then go to the Manager of the store & tell them how the rep lied to you about this update.

Rogers is taking so long on this update which already i have seen customers leave Rogers because of this. Rogers ONLY cares about the money & the publicity they are doing. Nothing more.
I Plan to Stick Around

Lmao all of this makes me think of a line from Phil Collin's song In The Air Tonight..."it's all been a pack of lies". One thing Rogers doesn't have a monopoly on is taking responsibility for contracted companies selling/using their name. It gets me curious though...if someone was wearing my name on their shirt, over their door and selling my products on my behalf, I'd make **** sure they represented me in a professional and honest manner. Then again you have to wonder, what has Rogers told then to say? Maybe they are representing Rogers as asked to.....hmmm
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You know if I was Samsung, I'd be annoyed with any company that was selling my product and not releasing updates I provide them with in a timely fashion. After all, Samsung's name is still on the product and it's that product that gets people into the stores to buy. It sure isn't the name on the letterhead or not in my case anyways.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

For a communications company I would have assumed Rogers would at least attempt to communicate information to their customers. 

Let's be honest.... did we really think Rogers was going to release ICS for the S2LTE while the GS3 is about to be released? Rogers doesn't want to upgrade your existing phone they want you to buy a new phone. Plus for those customers who are getting a new phone.. if fhe S2LTE got ICS then there would be one less reason for people to buy the GS3.  

To be fair to Rogers it's not like other companies have upgraded their old GS2 series phones to ICS... oh wait... sorry they have... AAAAAND they communicated it ahead of time to their customers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just curious, how do Android phones update? Will there be a notification that says there's a firmware update ready? Or does the carrier usually announce it and you have to use Kies?

Been twiddling my thumbs, looking everywhere for a sign. lol