Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Artemis
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

At least we know Rogers is reading this stuff.  The had the time and spent the effort to read and edit my last post... 

Would be nice if they at least posted SOMETHING.  They most certainly DO have the update from Samsung, but as a bottom-line driven, emotionless company run by accountants and pure capitalists, I expect they are going to wait until they release the S3 pre-loaded with 4.0 before releasing the update to the S2 users.as a strategic business decision to ensure that ppl wanting 4.0 are inclined to get the S3 instead of saving money on the S2 and updating it.

Whatever.  Nothing I can do about it as frustrating as it is.  Just have to wait and/or root if I really wanna be up-to-date like every single other person who already has the update... I lost too much sleep over it last time with the X10.  I WILL however, be getting my next phone through a different carrier and at least see if they are any better...

svenhalen
I've Been Here Awhile

if it's any consilation, I got told the exact same thing. I've bitched on Rogers Facebook page. Unfortunately they dont' care. They have our money and signed contracts and they just don't care.

jcat
I Plan to Stick Around

Word on the street is that June 13 might be the date.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=26263914

Still weird that rogers just wouldn't come out with it.

unhappygalaxy
I Plan to Stick Around

The chat Rep said for the update contact Samsung and when I confronted the warranty issue etc he kep cutting and pasting the rogers contract text etc.

I asked for his Sup but he kept cutting and pasting a standard line to my chat 😞

(Post Edited by Moderator)

vincom
I Plan to Stick Around

u can wait, rumor from a rogers rep i know is june 12-21, or just install a custom rom with bloatware removed, im on skyics running ics 4.04 w/everything working, just have to read a bit on how todo it, once u get familiar with the process(for the i727r) theres no chance of bricking it(ok maybe 99.9%), i have done many times with diff roms, just head over to xda

DROHUNG
I've Been Here Awhile

What you should of did is unlock you phone and get the generic version 4.0.4. from the Samsung world site. That is what I did and I got a phone with no bloatware and I am not waiting around for rogers to push an update.

See Rogers, This is what happens when you lock your phones.

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

tobesedated
I Plan to Stick Around

New that a week ago or more
tobesedated
I Plan to Stick Around

Knew even
Nacos