Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

When I bought  my S2LTE - at the end of my last contract, when I was going to get a Bell phone - the Rogers rep told me to get their LTE phone because I would have android 4.0 on it in a couple of weeks guaranteed.

Having been one of the suckers who lived through the whole Rogers X10 fiasco, you'd have think I'd learned my lesson, but nope, I'm just as dumb now as I was then - maybe dumber since there is no excuse the second time around.

Can I send my phone back and cancel my contract with Rogers for breach of contract, or false advertising, or anything?  There must be something?  Everyone I know who got the GS2LTE with Rogers was told the same thing by the Rogers reps.

guess we shoulda got it in writing.....    

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  Fool me three times, I don't deserve an Android.... 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Nope. You are not able to cancel or return the phone back without paying a cancellation fee. I spoke to the CRTC & the BBB & they both told me its the reps at fault. Not Rogers them selfs. The rep lied. Not the company. Rogers never said or showed anywhere that the S2 LTE will get the update within weeks. The reps are the ones at fault here & Rogers should maybe start looking at the reps.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm sure Rogers must be really upset that the Reps - who have no responsiblity, are completely untouchable, and technically not legally affilitated with the corporate entity - are selling product and contracts via false advertising and outright lies.

But thanks for the response considering I had planned my evening around making all the same phone calls.. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

This is true. Reps that Work with Rogers often lie & always give the wrong info just to trick us to get the phones they want because they can not sell them.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So, I call Rogers tech support thinking if anyone knows anything they should right? wrong.......... me- Hi I was just wondering when ics 4.0 would be released for the galaxy s2 LTE? tech says whats ics!.......................... as if...... so I broke down and call Samsung cause I just had to know samsungs tech told me ics was release and Rogers has ics and our phone should have been updated 2 weeks ago. so here we all are without ics and the new s3 coming out soon, witch is jsut our phone with a better screen and ics pre installed. I know root your phone but last time I did that I got a smart rogers tech that figured it out even though I put the factory rom back on and unrooted the phone so it cost me full price for the s2 so anyone get anything out of rogers yet?????

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This article on ExtraGSM kind of made me giggle:

"Samsung Galaxy S II finally receives the Android ICS update in India"

Anyone want to move with me? 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'll start packing....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I got the Galaxy S2 last weekend and am loving it (seeing as I upgraded from a Nokia 5800). I've been looking around for ICS info and it's just so sketchy. Can anyone tell me anything that's set in stone?

I was playing around on my phone last night and around midnight, Google Play app updated a bunch of Google apps and a couple of the Rogers bloatware apps. Could this mean that ICS will be here within a few days or is this just wishful thinking?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Just wishful. I got the updates as well for my HTC Raider and Sony Xperia S. The app update for other reasons as well.

How does it seem sketchy? The update will come when it comes. Rogers head office never posted anywhere that the update wil come within weeks or days. The reps at the store or the phone lie to get ur attention and money... Rogers wont even comment on if they even have the update...?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

^ Sketchy, because there's multiple threads about ICS with people making different claims. One guy said they contacted Samsung and they said that Rogers has the ICS update already. Then there's the reps that said it would be out soon.

I just wish there would be something solid to go off of... and yes, I know everyone feels the same.