cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

Achilles
I'm a Reliable Contributor

What is going on here? First quarter is like over. You're not the CIA so stop being so secretive and release a bloody release date for ICS.

******* Edit labels ********

145 REPLIES 145

Re: Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

porkrind
I Plan to Stick Around

Welcome to the forum. There are lots and lots of people that share your sentament...(stupid 3 year contract)!.  For me, it's not the wait so much as Roger's total disregard for their customers.  All it would take would be a few lines telling us what's going on. But all we get is " total commitment to our sustomer satisfaction" bull. If I would have known ICS was going to be so long on coming I would have either chosen a different model or gone to a different carrier. Knowing what I know now about Rogers.....it would have been the latter.

antonio106
I've Been Around

Hello forum people!

So, without impatiently tapping my feet waiting for this update, is there some sort of a website/twitter account I can refresh ad nauseam to find out if/when ICS will come to the rogers LTE? My friend on Bell has been ever so marginally cooler than me for over a week now, and it's insufferable.

criscobox
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same phone. Thanks for assuming I didn't. 😜

Thanks and well said. I call again and again to Rogers Customer care hoping to either drive them mad.. or get a solid answer.
So far, no luck with either. My madness plan is flawed as they have too many customer care agents for me to deal with..lol

But to think I was just a few months shy of being able to walk to Bell, and I started another contract.

Wise up Rogers.. this very well might be that last time you got me. Contracts pass like Mexican water to a tourist.

i don't beleive that rogers will release ics to us until they have i chance to promote and sell the s3 witch comes with ics

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor
@bigdog, you might just be right :-[
It's unbelievable just how unwilling rogers is to provide any information, by hiding behind the stock response of "we don't comment on..."! This is the height of arrogance from a Service Provider! Other carriers have demonstrated that they DON'T look down their noses at the very people who pay their Da#n salaries!
If rogers would just say that ICS will be available for update June X, or July X, or August X.... But nothing! Rogers, you realise that ICS is not the freaking fountain of youth, but you're guarding it's arrival for the sgh-i727r like it's the Second Coming of..... :-[

tobesedated
I Plan to Stick Around
Samsung is now shipping the galaxy s2 with ICS installed...figures. By the end of next week, June 12th my boyfriend will have it courtesy of Telus

Artemis
I Plan to Stick Around

When I bought  my S2LTE - at the end of my last contract, when I was going to get a Bell phone - the Rogers rep told me to get their LTE phone because I would have android 4.0 on it in a couple of weeks guaranteed.

Having been one of the suckers who lived through the whole Rogers X10 fiasco, you'd have think I'd learned my lesson, but nope, I'm just as dumb now as I was then - maybe dumber since there is no excuse the second time around.

Can I send my phone back and cancel my contract with Rogers for breach of contract, or false advertising, or anything?  There must be something?  Everyone I know who got the GS2LTE with Rogers was told the same thing by the Rogers reps.

guess we shoulda got it in writing.....    

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  Fool me three times, I don't deserve an Android.... 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Nope. You are not able to cancel or return the phone back without paying a cancellation fee. I spoke to the CRTC & the BBB & they both told me its the reps at fault. Not Rogers them selfs. The rep lied. Not the company. Rogers never said or showed anywhere that the S2 LTE will get the update within weeks. The reps are the ones at fault here & Rogers should maybe start looking at the reps.

Artemis
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm sure Rogers must be really upset that the Reps - who have no responsiblity, are completely untouchable, and technically not legally affilitated with the corporate entity - are selling product and contracts via false advertising and outright lies.

But thanks for the response considering I had planned my evening around making all the same phone calls.. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
This is true. Reps that Work with Rogers often lie & always give the wrong info just to trick us to get the phones they want because they can not sell them.

jramsden013
I've Been Here Awhile

So, I call Rogers tech support thinking if anyone knows anything they should right? wrong.......... me- Hi I was just wondering when ics 4.0 would be released for the galaxy s2 LTE? tech says whats ics!.......................... as if...... so I broke down and call Samsung cause I just had to know samsungs tech told me ics was release and Rogers has ics and our phone should have been updated 2 weeks ago. so here we all are without ics and the new s3 coming out soon, witch is jsut our phone with a better screen and ics pre installed. I know root your phone but last time I did that I got a smart rogers tech that figured it out even though I put the factory rom back on and unrooted the phone so it cost me full price for the s2 so anyone get anything out of rogers yet?????

Heckcat
I've Been Here Awhile

This article on ExtraGSM kind of made me giggle:

"Samsung Galaxy S II finally receives the Android ICS update in India"

Anyone want to move with me? 🙂

Artemis
I Plan to Stick Around

I'll start packing....

gwh
I Plan to Stick Around

I got the Galaxy S2 last weekend and am loving it (seeing as I upgraded from a Nokia 5800). I've been looking around for ICS info and it's just so sketchy. Can anyone tell me anything that's set in stone?

I was playing around on my phone last night and around midnight, Google Play app updated a bunch of Google apps and a couple of the Rogers bloatware apps. Could this mean that ICS will be here within a few days or is this just wishful thinking?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Just wishful. I got the updates as well for my HTC Raider and Sony Xperia S. The app update for other reasons as well.

How does it seem sketchy? The update will come when it comes. Rogers head office never posted anywhere that the update wil come within weeks or days. The reps at the store or the phone lie to get ur attention and money... Rogers wont even comment on if they even have the update...?

gwh
I Plan to Stick Around

^ Sketchy, because there's multiple threads about ICS with people making different claims. One guy said they contacted Samsung and they said that Rogers has the ICS update already. Then there's the reps that said it would be out soon.

I just wish there would be something solid to go off of... and yes, I know everyone feels the same.

Artemis
I Plan to Stick Around

At least we know Rogers is reading this stuff.  The had the time and spent the effort to read and edit my last post... 

Would be nice if they at least posted SOMETHING.  They most certainly DO have the update from Samsung, but as a bottom-line driven, emotionless company run by accountants and pure capitalists, I expect they are going to wait until they release the S3 pre-loaded with 4.0 before releasing the update to the S2 users.as a strategic business decision to ensure that ppl wanting 4.0 are inclined to get the S3 instead of saving money on the S2 and updating it.

Whatever.  Nothing I can do about it as frustrating as it is.  Just have to wait and/or root if I really wanna be up-to-date like every single other person who already has the update... I lost too much sleep over it last time with the X10.  I WILL however, be getting my next phone through a different carrier and at least see if they are any better...

svenhalen
I've Been Here Awhile

if it's any consilation, I got told the exact same thing. I've bitched on Rogers Facebook page. Unfortunately they dont' care. They have our money and signed contracts and they just don't care.

jcat
I Plan to Stick Around

Word on the street is that June 13 might be the date.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=26263914

Still weird that rogers just wouldn't come out with it.

unhappygalaxy
I Plan to Stick Around

The chat Rep said for the update contact Samsung and when I confronted the warranty issue etc he kep cutting and pasting the rogers contract text etc.

I asked for his Sup but he kept cutting and pasting a standard line to my chat 😞

(Post Edited by Moderator)

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats