Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unhappygalaxy
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

Thats called a partial Monopoly !!!, HTC raider on Bell hust got ICS, I am the only looser with my GS2 looking lame.....

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Honestly i can understand why you are complaining but really? Looking lame? How does the update make your S2 look lame? What does the update do for the device to make it look cool?.. I can understand as well that the Raider got the update but PLEASE read threw the thread & the OPS title before talking about another device.
MDM1971
I'm Here A Lot

New poster. Bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE four weeks ago. Was using a Motorola flip, and at the end of a contract.

Rogers gave what I felt an amazing deal for unlimited this and that, tons of minutes and data. Wife has Blackberry torch, so I was easily talking into the GS2 LTE.

I wanted the Nexus for the ICS after reading it was the newest platform. Being my first Android, wanted to start on the right foot.

Was told 4 weeks ago that ICS update was 'days' away, so go for the GS2 LTE. It was a better phone, and would have ICS by the end of April.

Hmm, I'm not impressed. I've been with Rogers since 2002, and I do hope their people read customer thoughts.

My wife will be getting the Galaxy S3 when her upgrade is due this Sept, I just wonder how much longer we keep business with Rogers.

I check this site daily looking for ICS news. Not a happy customer. 😞

porkrind
I Plan to Stick Around

Welcome to the forum. There are lots and lots of people that share your sentament...(stupid 3 year contract)!.  For me, it's not the wait so much as Roger's total disregard for their customers.  All it would take would be a few lines telling us what's going on. But all we get is " total commitment to our sustomer satisfaction" bull. If I would have known ICS was going to be so long on coming I would have either chosen a different model or gone to a different carrier. Knowing what I know now about Rogers.....it would have been the latter.

antonio106
I've Been Around

Hello forum people!

So, without impatiently tapping my feet waiting for this update, is there some sort of a website/twitter account I can refresh ad nauseam to find out if/when ICS will come to the rogers LTE? My friend on Bell has been ever so marginally cooler than me for over a week now, and it's insufferable.

criscobox
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same phone. Thanks for assuming I didn't. 😜

MDM1971
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks and well said. I call again and again to Rogers Customer care hoping to either drive them mad.. or get a solid answer.
So far, no luck with either. My madness plan is flawed as they have too many customer care agents for me to deal with..lol

But to think I was just a few months shy of being able to walk to Bell, and I started another contract.

Wise up Rogers.. this very well might be that last time you got me. Contracts pass like Mexican water to a tourist.

bigdog64
I'm Here A Lot

i don't beleive that rogers will release ics to us until they have i chance to promote and sell the s3 witch comes with ics

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@bigdog, you might just be right :-[
It's unbelievable just how unwilling rogers is to provide any information, by hiding behind the stock response of "we don't comment on..."! This is the height of arrogance from a Service Provider! Other carriers have demonstrated that they DON'T look down their noses at the very people who pay their Da#n salaries!
If rogers would just say that ICS will be available for update June X, or July X, or August X.... But nothing! Rogers, you realise that ICS is not the freaking fountain of youth, but you're guarding it's arrival for the sgh-i727r like it's the Second Coming of..... :-[
tobesedated
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung is now shipping the galaxy s2 with ICS installed...figures. By the end of next week, June 12th my boyfriend will have it courtesy of Telus