Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

Yes but that does not mean Rogers should be doing it slow. Like i said before. The have billions of dollars & i am sure they can hire a few more people to make those tests & run them. This is the biggest Canadian Carrier in Canada. The customers should not have to wait months for a uodate..
unhappygalaxy
I Plan to Stick Around

Lets not spaz, Android and the carriers are no way as refined as Apple.  Anytime you bring in middle men, gazzillion H/W variants with all sorts of deals with carriers you are bound to get this confusion or delays.  We should be lukcy that we are even going to see this before the summer.  I think Apple is running  the nirvana H/W and S/W release system.

I dont really see the ICS being a quantum leap so am not that chessed that it is delayed, if there were major bugs that would be a different story.

bigdog64
I'm Here A Lot

well just tried to update on kies and this is the message i get "sgh-i727r does not support initializing

porkrind
I Plan to Stick Around

@ Bigdog,

You don't need to go to that menu. Just make sure your phone is connected (via usb) and the screen unlocked. Kies will detect your phone and show you the current firmware version available and what version your phone has.

Stew

bigdog64
I'm Here A Lot

thanks!!
criscobox
I've Been Here Awhile

So I hear Bell has released ICS. Why isn't Rogers on the banwagon on this?? C'mon Rogers move it already!!! We've only been waiting since we've purchased our phone... GET MOVING!!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

When you got the phone ICS was not even out & also Samsung released the code to Rogers near Jan 2012.

I agree tho that Rogers should be able to release the update to us without any excuses.
shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Criscobox, yeah DIFFERENT phone, WRONG thread. But all that aside yeah rogers, we look forward to your "we don't comment on..." reply 🙂
Marcin_W
I've Been Around

Rogers is getting worse by the day! They don't care about their customers.

porkrind
I Plan to Stick Around

They don't even make an attempt to defend themselves.Smiley Frustrated.....They don'r care that we're unhappy.