Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

So all customers get an email or SMS Txt and then download the the ROM and install via Kies.  Does the install delete all your settings and apps ?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You do NOT get any email or text from Rogers or Samsung. You will need to plug in the phone and check with Kies for the update.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The truth is that Rogers is sitting on the top of the moblie food chain or at least think it does. Therefore why do they need to do anything we want when WE want it. Rogers does what Rogers wants, think PS3. How many got screwed out of that deal? And yet they are doing it again, now with a xbox? Ask a employee, they don't know up from down half the time let alone when ICS is coming out. Scream ICS all you want, they just don't care. So either learn to root and add a ROM or sit back and enjoy the wait. Take up a new lang or build a rocket ship whatever, you got time.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Got this from Samsung mobile Canada Facebook page posted yesterday "We wanted to give all of our passionate fans an update on Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0). We've gotten lots of inquiries about what devices will be eligible, and when updates will become available. While we don't have specific dates to share yet, we can tell you that the following GALAXY devices will be receiving the update: GALAXY S II, GALAXY S II LTE, GALAXY S II LTE HD, GALAXY S II X, GALAXY Note, GALAXY Tab 7.0, GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus, GALAXY Tab 8.9, and GALAXY Tab 10.1. Roll-outs of Ice Cream Sandwich for those GALAXY devices will be happening over the coming weeks and months so keep watching this space for the most up-to-date ICS news. Thank you all for your patience, passion, and loyalty!"
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What date was that posted?
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Ksimundson wrote:
Got this from Samsung mobile Canada Facebook page posted yesterday "We wanted to give all of our passionate fans an update on Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0). We've gotten lots of inquiries about what devices will be eligible, and when updates will become available. While we don't have specific dates to share yet, we can tell you that the following GALAXY devices will be receiving the update: GALAXY S II, GALAXY S II LTE, GALAXY S II LTE HD, GALAXY S II X, GALAXY Note, GALAXY Tab 7.0, GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus, GALAXY Tab 8.9, and GALAXY Tab 10.1. Roll-outs of Ice Cream Sandwich for those GALAXY devices will be happening over the coming weeks and months so keep watching this space for the most up-to-date ICS news. Thank you all for your patience, passion, and loyalty!"

Thanks for the update. But read the bold line 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Wasn't there a Mobile Syrup article around here that sais Samsung had release ICS for ALL smartphones? This about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yup April 30th they posted it

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/04/30/samsung-canada-says-android-os-4-0-upgrade-will-be-available-today...

BUT if you read what Samsung Canada said they said " Update: We’ve heard back from Samsung and it looks like the rollout will start later this week: “The ICS update will be available this week and will continue rolling out to devices and carriers throughout the quarter.”
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Funny..

All the correspondance I've had with Rogers said they had ICS but were TESTING it!  But they probably haven't got it from Samsung yet!  Gawd I wish they were more forthcoming with info! 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Personally, I think its great we're getting a free upgrade to an OS that didn't exist when we bought our phones.... If this was Windows or Mac OS, we'd be getting charged for this. 

If you REALLY want it, ICS has been out for several months for the Galaxy S2 on rogers, and even my HTC 3D has the unofficial upgrade installed on it. It takes a lot of work to make these devices work 100% with a new OS, and face it, you're not getting their full attention. Your device launched with android 2.2 (Not even Gingerbread) in February of 2011, and Gingerbread 2.3.3 came out about a month after launch for the early carriers. 

So either do it yourself, or wait for your FREE upgrade. Its not like your phone isn't working because you're not on ICS