Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

What is going on here? First quarter is like over. You're not the CIA so stop being so secretive and release a bloody release date for ICS.

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Rogers we expect ICS update for GS2 LTE

Many thanks. Installed in 10min, not a hitch. Its odd though, why does this ICS not have the same unlock screen as the Nexus? Is it the same ICS?

Didn't need a restore, just make sure you write down what is on your home page(s). The upgrade clears the pages. Took me awhile of dragging and dropping to get the same look again.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

TOGETHER!

UNITED!!

WE'LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!!!

Your skill at ignoring your "valued customers" has reached unprecedented levels.

Speak up people, speak up.

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine." Ernesto Che Guevara

Highlighted

This thread takes aim and is for frustrated customers to release their anger @ Rogers. It is NOT a thread to defend their practices.

http://amplicate.com/hate/rogers

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Archillies. Cmon bro you could have edited the first one & added the other things you wanted to say instead of making three posts lol .

Anyways yes Rogers needs to start updating their phones as soon as possible. They are taking WAY to long to release an update.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Usually by now we'd have heard if it was at the carriers yet or not. I get the feeling the hold up is with Samsung and not Rogers at this time... Just a personal opinion.

Rather than getting frustrated with Rogers though, you could just flash a custom ROM. I've been using ICS on my SGS2 for what feels like a month now.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Actually Mbazdell Rogers never tells its customers when the update will come or anything... I am sure you can see that with MANY threads made on here about updates on different phones...

Samsung has already sent the update to every carrier. Its the carrier that is taking this long. Samsung sends the update to the carrier & then the carrier has to add their own things. The carriers can take a long time to do this OR can do it the faster way & send it out to us. Call up Samsung Canada & see. Rogers is known to take a long time to update its phones. I suggest reading threw all the threads to see it for your self.

Also yes you could flash if you want too but many of us want to stay with the carriers version. ( yes it can take a long time but some do not want to risk anything.)

Highlighted

@mbazdell wrote:

Usually by now we'd have heard if it was at the carriers yet or not. I get the feeling the hold up is with Samsung and not Rogers at this time... Just a personal opinion.

Rather than getting frustrated with Rogers though, you could just flash a custom ROM. I've been using ICS on my SGS2 for what feels like a month now.

Like I said, it's not a national secret, and even if it was we have WikiLeaks and Annonymous for that. Just say when to expect the update Rogers. At least tell us what is going on and what's the hold-up. I wonder what the Note people feel like. No ICS for them either.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The thing is like i said, Rogers will never give this info out. Unlike Telus. Telus at least puts " 4.0 coming soon" So you know its going to be added. Rogers does not even do this.

The update is with Rogers. I called numerous times with a few guys & spoke to a Manager at the Samsung Canada head office which did state Rogers has the update in their hands. Other then that Samsung can not do anything else until Rogers pushes the update out. They did tell us tho they keep getting Canadian customers calling in & asking about the update.
I'm Here A Lot

I wonder if Rogers will even give us the ICS update... knowing that flashing roms can cause more issues than fixing .... (swarm of people calling in tech support after flashing to ICS)

the AT&T variant got the update... this is taking awfully long for rogers to add their own bloatware

Highlighted

Google needs to step up and control the updates for all android devices (not just the Nexus) just like Apple. Tired of waiting for updates.