Rogers provides RocketHub hardware from both Netcomm and Ericssen. I have the Ericssen W35 on which you cannot change the DNS settings. It is my understanding that the Netcomm does allow DNS settings to be modified on the 'Hub.
Same poor dns problems with Cisco router -- primarily on my ipad. Netflix, apple tv, pc laptop, Mac laptop, iPhone, and ipod touch work ok on rogers default dns. Changed dns to 18.104.22.168 as recommended at top of the thread. Did so right in settings. Works like a charm!
I've acutally switched to OpenDNS (Not great.. but, at least it's not Rogers).
I made the change because of filtering issues, poor lookup, etc from the roger's default DNS servers, as well as injected content from Rogers while I was using their servers.
Seems to be unreliable as the rest of the Rogers services.
(yes, fido, and mobile internet issues at my parent's place as well, after FIDO was bought by rogers)
You can't actually change it...what you can do is go into LAN Setup, and in the DHCP options, you can have up to 3 DNS servers. Finding Rogers DNS numbers is pretty easy, there are several noted in this thread, or you can go OpenDNS, or find some other 'open' DNS servers.
Three years after the original post, this is still applicable. So why isn't Rogers updating their DNS server?
DNS not working again last night and today.
Not able to ping these DNS servers:
Here's the workaround to use another DNS server:
1. For Windows 7 Open the Control Panel and select “Network and Sharing Center”
2. Now open up your current Local Area Connection settings. Select "change adapter settings".
3. On Local Area Connection (or your active network device), right-click to select Properties.
4. Select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP) from the list and then click the Properties button.
5. Now it’s time to enter your new DNS servers. First select the “Use the following DNS server addresses” option and then type in the preferred (22.214.171.124) and alternate (126.96.36.199) servers. OK and Close.
Works great now!
I am a guest in a Rogers Serviced Home ... HD & Wireless up the Ying Yang ... suddenly I cannot get Internet over Wireless. Hardwired is fine with absolutely no changes or adjutments, only Wireless is problematic, My Network & sharing centre shows connection, speeds, transmissions and receptions but every page is unavailable and when diagnosed they reply "cannot communicate with DNS Server (???.???.???.???) ... What's UP ???
Happened today again! DNS becomes flaky and we can not connect to most sites.
After changing DNS to 188.8.131.52 (Google) everything starts to work again.