Rogers to carry Samsung Focus S?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers to carry Samsung Focus S?

Hello everyone,

Never posted on the Rogers forum before, but ever since I got my Samsung Focus (in dec 2010) ive been hooked on it as well as WP7. I was just wondering if anyone has heard is Rogers plans on carrying the next generation Focus, the Focus S.

Thanks for your time!!

******* Edit labels ********

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers to carry Samsung Focus S?

Same here!  I love the focus and wp7.

I'd like to add more wp7 phones for the rest of the family but want the new hardware.  Whens it coming?

I've Been Here Awhile

Bump bump? Any new info from people who work at Rogers?

I've Been Here Awhile

AT&T has just announced the Focus S; they will also have the HTC Titan.

When can we expect to have these important new Windows Phones available?

I Plan to Stick Around

You can expect nothing.  Rogers isnt getting any new Windows Phones till Nokia comes to North America and that isn't happening till February.  Actually none of the carriers have any new windows phones.  It's like they are trying to stick to Microsoft for some reason.

I'm Here A Lot

Can you buy the phone (in the states for example) and use it on rogers in Canada?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes you can buy a phone from the states & use it here but you need to unlock the phone in order to use it on Rogers.

Software & such are the same but each Carrier just adds its on bloatware on it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Listen people, any new WP7 will not come to Canada till they have LTE support.  All three carriers are pushing the new network and seem to only want phones that have it.  WP7 will have LTE support with the new NOKIA phones coming in the new year.  Most likely after CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SHOW in Las Vegas mid January 2012.   If you can wait till February I would.  I believe a nokia phone higher end then the lumia 800 is coming to North America.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If so, Then you can buy a locked phone unlock it and use it for Rogers. You can unlock it using unlock code. You can get the unlock code from at affordable cost.

**edited for content**