Rogers to Rogers Switch Phone number

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kingfei
I've Been Around

Rogers to Rogers Switch Phone number

Hi,

I use to have a pay as you go phone.  I just join another plan with a new number.  I would like to use my old phone number with the new plan.  Since I still have lots of balance in the PAYG account, can I switch the two number so that the new phone number goes to the PAYG plan while the old number goes with the new plan?

Thanks,

King

***Edited Labels*** 

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersMaude

Re: Rogers to Rogers Switch Phone number

Good evening @kingfei,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums!

While it is possible to transfer your Prepaid number to Postpaid, it might result in the loss of your newly activated telephone number. We have a process in place for this particular type of migration, however it requires that we transfer the whole account. In that case, the remaining balance could be applied as a credit on your postpaid account. Did you want to have an active prepaid line, or did you simply want to avoid losing your remaining balance?

For further assistance in regards to this particular situation, please contact our Pay As You Go department by dialing 1-800-575-9090.

Please press Option 4, Option 4 and then Option 1. This will get you in touch with a live person quickly.

They are open Monday to Friday from 8am-12am EST, Saturday 8am-9pm EST & Sunday 10am-8pm EST. 

Let us know if you have any other questions King Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersMaude

Good evening @kingfei,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums!

While it is possible to transfer your Prepaid number to Postpaid, it might result in the loss of your newly activated telephone number. We have a process in place for this particular type of migration, however it requires that we transfer the whole account. In that case, the remaining balance could be applied as a credit on your postpaid account. Did you want to have an active prepaid line, or did you simply want to avoid losing your remaining balance?

For further assistance in regards to this particular situation, please contact our Pay As You Go department by dialing 1-800-575-9090.

Please press Option 4, Option 4 and then Option 1. This will get you in touch with a live person quickly.

They are open Monday to Friday from 8am-12am EST, Saturday 8am-9pm EST & Sunday 10am-8pm EST. 

Let us know if you have any other questions King Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Let me understand this. I have a PayGo phone. If I wanted to upgrade to a full blown postpaid plan, would Rogers not see that I already have an account and a phone number? Why would you complicate things with a new phone number when one already exists unless the customer specifically wanted two different phone numbers, e,g. if they wanted to give the prepaid phone to a family member? Surely Rogers would ask before switching numbers.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario