Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KingNerd
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

The email has been sent.

I really hope this issue can be resolved soon.

I'm really not looking forward to switching providers.

JohnnyCakes
I've Been Here Awhile

lso have been having a problem staying connected yet mine has gone on since late December. I had a few threads on Blizzard forums and I have tried several things on my end trying to fix it. i.e. Updating network drivers, video card drivers, Hard reset, I even called Rogers tech support. Though at the time I was unaware of any shaping/throttling going on.

I will follow this thread and hope that this gets resolved. I miss my Medivh 😞

FYI, I'm in Orillia, Ontario If that helps at all.

KingNerd
I Plan to Stick Around

From the sounds of things, this has been going on to Starcraft users since Mid-November, so I don't think we'll ever see any relief.

Jan01
I Plan to Stick Around

Jan01
I Plan to Stick Around

I estimate that there are at the very least 100,000 households in Canada that have a Wow account. I will go out on a limb and assume the vast majority subscribe to rogers. If they cannot play Wow/Sc2 or other blizzard activision products then guess what, that is a lot of upset people that may very well move to a different provider. And while 100,000 may be a small number for rogers, the financial effect will be felt from this will be in the millions. And for any other holders of RCI.A or RCI.B both TSX or RCI (nyse) stock pay close attention over the next few months. I hope that rogers does decide to do the right thing and fix this. 

KingNerd
I Plan to Stick Around

I doubt they will do the right thing. They have no incentive to do the right thing.

With their new UBB plans going into effect July 1st there will be no competition left for us to go to, so we CAN'T go to a different provider if we're unhappy.

RogersReggie
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@Ressy @KingNerd

Hi there,

I’m a Rogers community forums moderator and Rogers Live Chat Support Consultant.

Indeed, a software update from the game manufacturer may be required as the issue is not something we would be able to correct on our end.

If I have any new updates, I’ll be sure to post them in the community.

Thanks
Ressy
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersReggie

Its not happening.  Other ISPs have had issues with accidentally packet shaping wow ports, and have managed to resolve it without Blizzard patching.

They're not going to patch their products because of 1 lazy ISP.

esazon
I Plan to Stick Around

@r

Jan01
I Plan to Stick Around

@reggie

you are very mistaken if you think this problem arises from the blizzard side of things. This is entirely rogers traffic shaping that is affecting the gameplay of all blizzard (@battlenet) games. Fix your network. Your idiotic traffic shaping policy is the reason this problem came about. You people at rogers can fix this, but you wont. Apparently giving that same stale political bull**bleep** response is a standard over at rogers. If I could, I would give you a huge thumbs down for your respons, as all it does is infuriate and at the very least patronize many customers!