Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lar123
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

@Darkpaw wrote:

Don't expect any help from the CRTC for the next four or so years.  In fact, I expect things to get substantially worse.

I got a reply to my complaint to the CRTC and if I read the email correctly they are considering recinding their previous decision about bandwidth caps due to public pressure for the next 60 days.

Get in there and put your dibs in!!!!

Ressy

Add Guild Wars to the list of games/programs affected.

Ressy

Rec'd an email about 2 mins ago.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9038867/Rogers/Update%20May31.pdf

They say they've fixed WoW..  Anyone wanna test this, and test any of the other games affected?

Ressy

Welp, that was quick.

I've heard back from 1 user already.  Rogers' fix does NOT work.

esazon
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know what Rogers did but this has actually gotten WORSE for me. About 2 weeks ago I started to log into WoW with no problems and was able to play. About 5 days ago, I have not been able to stay connected to a WoW server for more then 30 seconds. 

As soon as I use an HTTP Tunnel/Proxy to get past Rogers throttling, the game works fine and I get a nice and low ping.

Whatever Rogers did made it exponentially worse.  Luckily Teksavvy has rolled out into my area. They're getting a call tomorrow morning. 

Darkpaw
I Plan to Stick Around

I said this about 20 pages ago in this thread, but it needs to be said again.......

Rogers just is not going to care until this issue causes customers to leave in droves.  1 or 2 can't bail, it needs to be hundreds.  And they all need to tell them why at their "exit interview" or whatever.

I HATE Rogers, but that's all I have in my area.  Bell isn't much better, but they are rolling out fiber that's 30Mb both down AND UP, so that may be an option once my contract with Rogers is up if they get it all done in my area by then.

TheFerret
I've Been Around

So after the "fix", tried logging into WoW, instant DC each time, as an above poster said, it has made the problem worse. Please fix this problem, it is unacceptable that this needs to happen in the first place.

gabbie1977
I Plan to Stick Around

if you do happen to have a contract with rogers for your internet, is this issue good enough for those affect to be able to leave without paying penalty?

Are they able to cancel their contract based on this issue alone?

ccrashh
I'm an Enthusiast

Well, I for one, am leaving.  Called to cancel Rogers and my new TekSavvy account will be up and running at the end of June.  Just got their modem in the mail.  I can't wait.  I am very excited - 15Mbps Down, with a 300 Gb cap - all for only $42.95!  What's not to like.

KingNerd
I Plan to Stick Around

According to @RogersHelps "tech support" reps @RogersElise and @Rogers_Chris it's our fault that the fix isn't working and it's a problem with our own systems.

"@Rogers_Chris: I'm told it could be your system, home network set up, internal wiring and/or issues with internet equipment."

I've tried my MacBook Pro (Mac OS X wired & wireless), my notebook PC (Win 7, wireless), my desktop PC (Win 7, wired).
I've tried them with 2 Linksys WRT54GL routers (v1 and v1.1) both with different firmware (v1 uses Linksys firmware, v1.1 uses DD-WRT).
I've also attempted connecting directly to the modem.

Rogers, this is STILL your problem.

I don't know if your fix hasn't yet propagated to your local devices here in Brampton, or if your fix just isn't effective.

All I do know, is that it still isn't fixed.