Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KingNerd
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Make sure to mention that Skype video is also getting affected by this, which is in direct violation of Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-657.

My wife and I Skype every evening before going to bed. She's noticed recently (about the same time that the Blizzard / WoW issues started) that my video would freeze often and for long periods.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2009/2009-657.htm

There's a link to Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-657

Take close note of parts 125 and 126.

Darkpaw
I Plan to Stick Around

It happens with all video.  Can't even watch a youtube video without it constantly having to stop to buffer.

FixBattlenet
I've Been Here Awhile

Anything browser based is fine for me, its specficially wow, and all Battlenet programs. Even some steam games but only some. Its particularly bad for wow, wow DCs instantly, Ive run trace routes, (do the mods on this forum care about that?) and I can watch as Rogers drops the connection. So even though Ive done everything right and am paying for legal products Im getting the shaft.

Whats the work around for this? How do I set up a VPN and disguise my connection? That bypasses the broken ROgers filters. Since I cant do anything legally Ill get my data through the illegal way, hooray for social injustice.

Darkpaw
I Plan to Stick Around

A VPN tunnel is by no means illegal, it's just against Rogers terms of service (because they can't throttle it, probably).

FixBattlenet
I've Been Here Awhile

Ya how would I do that then? IN THEORY. Mabey I should just google it. Should I even bother calling Rogers and telling them their throttleing my battlenet and online gaming packets? Ask for them to make an exception? COULD they stop it in my case?

Ressy
I'm a Reliable Contributor

We've now been waiting a month for Rogers to do ANYTHING, and its been over 3 months since this started.

Where's our fix?

Where's our update?

Why are you ignoring Blizzard's repeated emails?  They want this fixed for us.  Does Rogers not give a **bleep** about their customers?  If not, I'll gladly send everyone I can to Teksavvy.

Ressy

You've lost yet another non-heavy customer on Monday, and lost another one today..

Lack of updates just means we have more time to tell more of our friends about poor service with Rogers, and the amazing alternative.

Ressy

I was promised an update this week by Hemal..

We'd like that update, or do I need to keep opening online support tickets and waste your time, just like you're wasting ours?

KingNerd
I Plan to Stick Around

World of Warcraft

Skype video chatting

Rift

All being affected now.

Why am I still paying for a service that isn't servicing me?

Can I get a little HELP Rogers?!

These are all P2P programs, right RogersReggie?

Should I contact ALL of these Software Developers and have them ALL issue patches because of ONE ISP that doesn't understand what the "SP" in "ISP" stands for?!

Hint: It's SERVICE PROVIDER. Meaning you're supposed to PROVIDE a SERVICE.

KingNerd
I Plan to Stick Around

La! Dee! Da!

Your DPI system is too agressive. Please fix.

Still no help. Still no fix.

Thanks Rogers.

You make staying with you has a customer a really easy choice.