Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esazon
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Still an ongoing issue. 

I have found a way around Rogers throttling the packets by connecting by VPN; this masks where/what I am sending and receiving. This seems to stop rogers from booting me constantly. 

This is the only way I can get this game working for now, which is against Rogers EULA but if they won't have the decensy to fix a blatent issue then I'll have to go via these methods to use it.

KingNerd
I Plan to Stick Around

I like to keep the Rogers "Customer Service" updated.

Still an issue. Nothing changed.

I'm still not receiving any help.

Still not a single Rogers representative acknowledging there is even an issue.

Ressy
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Still an ongoing issue, with no emails from Rogers to Blizzard yet.  All emails from Blizzard are being ignored by Rogers.  This is bull **bleep**.

I still want an update Erin.

KingNerd
I Plan to Stick Around

"I have found a way around Rogers throttling the packets by connecting by VPN; this masks where/what I am sending and receiving. This seems to stop rogers from booting me constantly."

A VPN does, in fact, hide WoW packets from Rogers' DPI system. It works just fine.

This is an unacceptable final solution, but it is a decent work around.

I believe this, in and of itself, proves that it's not a Blizzard issue, when it is in fact a Rogers issue.

Please resolve this.

May I please have some Net Neutrality?

Ressy

Blizz post:

Your game connection is not on p2p, so.... you're welcome? 🙂

If your ISP thinks that is what is causing the issues, I humbly request that you ask them to contact us directly. We will be more than happy to speak with them and discuss why their customers may be seeing these issues.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1965838937?page=29#573

Care to give us an update now?

How about contacting Blizzard?  ALL other ISPs experiencing issues have contacted Blizzard when trying to get things fixed for their customers... Why isn't Rogers?  Does Rogers just not care about its customers?  Hell, Source (another ISP here in Ontario) just started having problems on Friday, and they're already in contact with Blizzard.

Is this even being looked into, or are we being ignored?

KingNerd
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersErin

Would I actually get some assistance if I tried using the phone contact info?
The last time I did that they told me that it must be a faulty modem and I should replace it.
Is there anyone in Rogers Customer Service that can address this issue at all?
It's still a huge issue and it, and me, are not going away.
RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@community

Thanks for your patience; as soon as I have an update I will be sure to post it in the community for you.

Ressy

@RogersErin

I think people would buy the "We're still looking into it" more if Rogers could actually be bothered to contact Blizzard.

SquishyTomato
I'm Here A Lot

I'm having major issues with WoW and Rogers.

I updated to the best and fastest plan, so I really didn't expect issues, but I'm constantly getting disconnected/lagged out.

Ressy

@Squishy

I'd drop back down to whatever you were at because the higher plan won't make a difference.  They're dropping blizzard-related packets, which will happen on all plans on Rogers in your area.  I personally wouldn't pay them for a service they can't seem to provide, nor fix as this has been ongoing since October for many users.

I filed a CRTC complaint, and essentially they said "So what?  Deal with it."  So I am.. I'm calling today to cancel Rogers high-speed internet and going with Teksavvy.  At least their Techs don't outright lie to you, and are actually knowledgable, rather than the script monkeys Rogers seems to employ.