Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Ressy what i am waiting for the most since this all started, is to actually hear Rogers themselves confirming wrong doing to the point of breaking CRTC rules 🙂

* crossing finger*

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

For what it is worth, the CRTC has sent this issue to its enforcement division!

CRTC Sends Rogers Issue to Enforcement Division WOW Throttling Practices to Get Hearty Wrist Slap

Highlighted
I've Been Around

This happens when I play guild wars with a torrent running(legal of course). P2P file sharing is NOT ILLEGAL. Yet Rogers seems to like to tell you what to do with your internet. I had switched from bell but now that I read that they are going to stop traffic shaping, I am somewhat sad that I did switch. On a side note Rogers should also increase these rediculous bandwith caps.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ironic, Rogers will start a pilot project in London in a week, where you can order Cable "A la carte".....  shouldn't they upgrade their infrastructure in London first since its one of the largest areas hit by this throttling issue???

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Originally I was a Rogers customer and I promptly cancelled all my services.  I was with bell for several years with absolutely NO ISSUES with playing World of Warcraft or anything else.  Unfortunately now that I am not on my own anymore I am stuck with Rogers and am back to having severe issues with everything under the sun including Warcraft.  I have moved the modems to where they told me, they then admit there's an issue with signal coming into the property and then tell me we have to pay to have someone come to fix it?

Looking into returning to Bell.  Again I have used BOTH services for years and Rogers takes the cake on the worst garbage ever and I have used both services as well throughout ontario and when travelling abroad using U.S services they're a **bleep** of a lot better with no download caps or anything and faster AND less expensive!

*facepalm*

Rogers doesn't know what they're doing when you call for assistance and give the poorest excuses why their service is garbage especially for having top of the line internet with them and it's worse when people go silent on their end when you're waiting for their help!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Based on today's decision from CRTC to stop usage based billing, i urge you all to switch to an Independant ISP in your area and help support the smaller companies.

Here is the Openmidea release: http://www.openmedia.ca/news/regulators-pull-back-usage-based-billing-after-half-million-canadians-s...

Don't be scared by big telecom companies and their tactics, who cares if there's a cancellation fee, it will be worth every penny to never have to deal with companies such as Rogers ever again!

I switched to Teksavvy and it has been the best decision ever!

My throttling still exists, how ever it is not as bad as when i was directly on the Rogers network, at least now i can still play WoW.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

If enough people do what you are doing - it will change things. Don't give up!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

Am going to say. conservatively, the crap about WOW has been  a non issue since the ruling,,, I am on rocket HUB though and have other issues with the hub,,, would be nice to see other peeps chime in on say CABLE to say issue  is better or resolved.. big patch coming up, so lets test!!!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I wonder if someone on Rogers can also tell if there was an issue with StarWars test beta this past weekend?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting information here

Last night i called Teksavvy to give my new mac address for my docsis 3.0 modem, at the same time i expressed my concerns that in the past week my internet would shut down randomly, but by simply resetting my modem all would be good again.

The rep at Teksavvy told me that is because Rogers has been doing a lot of work in changing things around because they are in the works of stopping throttling all together on their networks and that my IP address is changing because of it.  Especially in my area of London i was advised.  I then asked the rep if there was any public communication yet, they told me it was only an internal memo from Rogers to Teksavvy at this time, but that a public announcement from Rogers should be coming out soon.  I did point out to the rep that on their Boxee contest page, Teksavvy is advertising that it has a no throttling practice, which she agreed yes they do not, but if rogers does it on their side, it is still legal for them to advertise no throttling since they didn't do the throttling.

Is this absolutely true, or is it trully a crock of bull?  Concidering that Bell will be stopping on all their networks, and now that teksavvy's prices went up by a few $'s for their rogers service, it does make sense to stop throttling all together.