Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darkpaw
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

I'm FREE of Rogers, finally.  Fiber was installed on Friday, and honestly, I couldn't be happier.  Everything finally works again.  Games, torrents, and I can actually upload now.

I hope Rogers fails, too.  I will NEVER go back to them, no matter what they try to offer me.  They contacted me THREE times after I gave my 30 days notice, and all "offers" they gave me were, quite honestly, pathetic and insulting and proves that they are not even listening when customers are TELLING THEM WHY they are cancelling service.

They just aren't listening, and they just don't care.  Luckily, what Rogers does will no longer impact me.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.

gabbie1977
I Plan to Stick Around

@Darkpaw, i agree that when i cancelled it felt like they didn't care.  If only the "cancellation" department knew more on the subject it would help but the attitude i got last April was pretty much a "who cares" attitutude.

BirdmanTWIG
I've Been Around

I'm very close to cancelling my Rogers service after this run around

Seriously, just unbelievably mad at this entire situation

emcdonald
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers is STILL!!!!! Denying these problems to the CRTC who has demanded a fix be detailed by Sept. 27th.

Below is the article from the paper.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/life/CRTC+tells+Rogers+stop+slowing+down+speed+online+games/5413667/s...

How can Rogers possibly say this, with all our posts in here, that state we told them about this and to log the incident.  Please, everyone contact the CRTC and your MP!  Flood them before the 27th so when this issue is discussed everyone is informed.

xplornetsucks
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

Technical data already suggests that the slowdown in wow is all rogers throttling and SPYING... oops can't say spying because its against the rules... but if you check out this site... http://action.cwa-union.org/salsa/track.jsp?v=2&c=m8xqAfBzqgQHj4AOaRkgmnC5iMweXBdK, you will understand the slowdown in data as ISPs will be forced to collect and store every interaction people will have with websites......

Call me a tinfoil head... but traffic shaping and information collection can only lead to bad speeds.......and privacy violations

I just want to play a game.... ( can any one imagine the terabytes of drives needed to be under harpers police state... WOW...LOL)

xplornetsucks
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

One would have thought that since Rogers is committed to "gamers", and the deadline is tomorrow they would have come in here and "CROWED" that a fix has been implemented.... 

I know they Can't because my connection still is POOR.... 

Hope the CRTC reads these posts, because my connection still is AFFECTED!

AND I DO NOT RUN ANY P2P PROGRAMS WHILE PLAYING THE GAME!

gabbie1977
I Plan to Stick Around

@ xplornetsucks

There may be other factors other then Rogers for causing game lag.  I know myself when i switched from Velen to Silvermoon ( Velen is a PST server located in Boston, Silvermoon is a PST server located in LA) there was a significant different in lag.  I still play on Silvermoon, but the lag i have is not rogers lag, its just general me to blizzard lag.

xplornetsucks
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

Of course there are other issues that can cause lag, but Rogers was hauled on the carpet because its traffic management system was mistaking WOW traffic with P2P traffic and throttling game play.. they were given until Sept 27th to prove they have resolved the issue, or face a complete "stoppage" of ANY traffic management ....

The CRTC has given Rogers notice, that it must file a plan to fix the issue with gaming systems and ensure that real time data is not being actively misclassified by September 27th, 2011 or the Commission may intervene to halt Rogers throttling practises until a fix is in place.

http://cdngameorg.yuku.com/topic/31/Canadian-Gamers-Launch-Government-Investigation--ISP-Throttl

Caboose
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, its the 29th and I'm still being affected by this issue. Any updates on what is going on between the CRTC and Rogers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

emcdonald
I Plan to Stick Around

Ya mine just started acting up as again as well.  Same old thing.  Massive latency and packetloss.  Tracert shows the issue, but rogers continues to say nothing is wrong.

Guess we live in a backwards country where the consumer has to troubleshoot and report the services they pay for, rather than the service provider ensuring they deliver what they advertise.