Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Well I had a good month or two where the problem seemed to be fixed but it's back in full effect now.  I don't really have anything constructive to say in this post, but rogers, I hate you.  You've had enough time to solve this problem.  Why do you even need to throttle traffic when there are caps in place as well?  Why do you hire CSRs that don't seem to understand how customer retention works?  I'm giving you guys one last week to fix it before moving my internet and all other services to a competitor.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Writing a letter to the CRTC and my MP right now, I highly encourage others to do the same.

However, to hopefully give these letter the most possible influence, I would really appreciate it if anyone could leave some suggestions of what to put in these letters, I don't want to forget anything. Also, I would really like to include something against one of Roger's main arguments "We don't support gaming". Any help at all is much appreciated!'

Also...how exactly do I send a letter/email to the CRTC? 'Cuz that's kinda important.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

fixed

teksavvy will have my dryloop setup friday.

now to find an alternative tv supplier and i wont have to deal with rogers anymore.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

for tv... sadly... *cough* bell?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

New patch available for DL today.. rocking along at the blazingly fast 10 KB/s....... 50 MB file will get downloaded some time next WEEK!

Time to hook up my 56K modem instead of the Rocket Hub!!  PATHETIC ROGERS... 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just finished some Live Support. he said: "Sorry but we do not have any current outages for world of war craft games." Meaning that all our complaints have fallen on deaf ears; Rogers isn't even aware of the issue.

He also said: "I can leave a note on your account that you have called in about this and put in the traceroute to your file and if they notice an outage then it will be fixed automatically from our end." To me, this makes it sound that once Rogers is aware of the issue, they will fix it. It doesn't say to me that Rogers will see this note, realize the problem and fix it as a direct cause of this note. Seems we'll be playing in unbearable lag/dcs for awhile longer.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers "FIX" did not fix anything it actually has caused more problems and people need to voice up and tell them they didn't fix it.

Since the fix came out my discconnects have been happening more and more and i'm up to my 10th call in about the performance of my game latency issues and getting a different story every time.

Rogers is not treating gamers fairly and needs to step it up and get this corrected.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers, fix this **bleep** issue. The fact that you haven't just makes you look idiotic and rediculous. It is extremely frustrating to be unable to sensibly play this game, which is part of the reason for our internet service. Fix the **bleep** issue!

I Plan to Stick Around

I doubt this issue will ever be fixed, and to be honest at this point I don't care. I've already decided I am dropping Rogers services and moving onto something better. The fact that they know there is a problem and that they know World of Warcraft is not a P2P program and refuse to fix it, really shows they couldn't give a crap about us all they care about is our $$$ and I for one refuse to give them anymore of my money. I truly hope this company fails.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

Is it fixed.... MAYBE.... but don't hold your breath... I hope Rogers takes note of Bio_Vitals post , and actually comes forward and ADMITS to having issues with WOW... offers some compensation to WOW subscribers.. or lose more customers to other ISPs that don't have the issues..

Was actually able to play a bit today with under 200 home/world for most of the day USING a rogers rocket hub... (this is decent!!)

Surprising no "ROGERS*****" has chimed in or updated people.... which again is just a slap in the face for peple wanting ANSWERS... which again just indicates Rogers really doesn't care about solving issues or do they?