Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kiraa4
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

I've been experiencing a lot of lag in game for the last 3-4 days. Anyone else having the same problem? Its really getting annoying.
emcdonald
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, the last 2 weeks have been the worst I have experienced in a long while. 😞

Kiraa4
I've Been Here Awhile

Truly pathetic service. I could understand the need to throttle P2P apps to some extent but the game's bandwidth consumption is so minimal.
chocobomog
I've Been Here Awhile

This should get fixed, can't play at all, happening for the past few days, should stop throttling. Wow's got a built in p2p client for patchs as well, but i've got it turned off but still lagging & getting disconnected.

emcdonald
I Plan to Stick Around

DC'ing LIKE crazy tonight!  Not even playable.  This is ridiculous.

Adam1234
I've Been Around

ok, I'm really angry about this. I paid the extreme package mainly for world of warcraft, and now I can't play anymore. I don't know how many wow players in Canada using Rogers. Is the number too small to care? Anyway, if Rogers can't fix this in a week ,I will switch to teksavvy and never come back.

emcdonald
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm in the exact same boat as you.  Paying $1200+ a year to have the best connection possible for myself and my girlfriend to play World of Warcraft, but the last two weeks we have not been able to play and have ruined our friends game experience while trying to via constant dc's etc.

I have talked to tech agents 3 times this week alone.  They acknowledge the problem but say they can not do anything and that Rogers does not support online games.

The tech last night said I should call and ask for a manager, so today I will do that and unless they can tell me exactly how and when this is going to be fixed I'll be cancelling tonight and get Teksavy as well.  I hesitate in the past on Tek Savvy, because they use Rogers backbone and was concerned the problem would spill over to their customers as well.  Everyone here says their experience has been great though.

I just don't understand why this is such a hard thing to fix.  Wow uses persistant static server IP's they publish over specific published ports.  Why can they just not white list those ip's over those ports????  That is too much of a challenge for the likes of Rogers?  My guess is that they don't want to start down that road, as their throttling affects MANY games, and they do not want to have to manually add to the whitelist every time a new game launches.  Difference here is, WoW is the largest game ever.  As I have said before, so sad that 11 million + subscribers can play it perfectly fine but Canadians now can not because of Rogers greed.

To those coming here because this only just started happening... don't think it will go away.  It won't.  Some have been affected for over 6 months.  Once it begins in your area, it seems (granted I am getting this simply from talking from friends and the posts in here), it persists from then on.

Teksavvy, has a bundle that has NO CAPS, 15Mbps down, 1Mbps up for 60% of what I pay now with the Ultimate Plan (LMAO at the name Ultimate when it can't handle online games or legit P2P, that should be enough for CRTC to look into alone, lol, good ol' bait and switch).

Kiraa4
I've Been Here Awhile

Still having problems in WoW. Can we at least get some sort of response from a forum representative?

Kiraa4
I've Been Here Awhile

just as an FYI... just called Rogers to cancel my service. They claim the issue has been resolved in most areas, but can't verify which areas are yet to be patched and have no ETA on when this will happen.

Completely unacceptable that talking to a number of people there, not only do they not even bother to assist you, but actually have the audacity to say no other Rogers customers are having issues.

COMPLETE CRAP... ridiculous...

Caboose
I Plan to Stick Around

Yet another day goes by where I can barely do anything without lagging/dcing like crazy.

This problem has been going on for what, 7 or 8 months now? Rogers has got to have the worst customer service in the world. Isn't it obvious from all the complaints that your "fix" obviously has NOT fixed the problem? Get off your asses and do something about it.